Police Suggestion PLPD Corporal warrants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: PLPD Corporal warrants
Suggestion Description: Corporals can set warrants but they need to be approved by an Sgt+ with a sort of 'pop up'. A popup like the mayor vote but then with the details of the warrant and a yes/no button.

Why should this be added?:
- Less workload for supervisors
- More justified warrants

What negatives could this have?:
- Maybe the warrant page filled with warrants?

Reaction score
Personally I don't really see the point. At the end of the day, the supervisor still needs to approve it so why not just get them to do it in the first place?

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: PLPD Corporal warrants
Suggestion Description: Corporals can set warrants but they need to be approved by an Sgt+ with a sort of 'pop up'. A popup like the mayor vote but then with the details of the warrant and a yes/no button.

Why should this be added?:
- Less workload for supervisors
- More justified warrants

What negatives could this have?:
- Maybe the warrant page filled with warrants?
Personally, I don't think this is needed at the moment.

SO's and Above can create "Remarks" which you can structure similar to a warrant and then ask a supervisor to create a warrant based on that for you.

Needing supervisor approval for them just creates more hassle than it's worth.

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think this is needed at the moment.

SO's and Above can create "Remarks" which you can structure similar to a warrant and then ask a supervisor to create a warrant based on that for you.

Needing supervisor approval for them just creates more hassle than it's worth.
Isn't this basically what the remarks are for?
When it's late at night and no supervisors are on its useless to make them because by the time they get on the remark is gone and buried by other shit that happened over the night. I would like to see a warrant request tab in the computer where corporals can make requests that stay there there a supervisor looks at them.

Reaction score
I think this is not needed, in terms of the approval that is.

HOWEVER; corporals should ba able to vreate warrants when no sgt+ is on duty. And maybe even demote powers but this should be sent to the chiefs of department or maybe a command team in PD using either the PD suggestions forum or the PLPD helpdesk system :)

Reaction score
The reason why i made this suggestion is, most of the time i request a warrant the supervisor is busy or isnt responding at all. If you as officer do the 'paperwork' and the supervisor just reviews it. That won't be a big time consuming thing for them and they will probarly reply on that.

/edit. Didnt saw there was a PLPD suggestion thread, maybe this one can be moved there? :)

Reaction score
already been suggested, already been denied.

Reaction score
i think 2 years later it should be discussable again, considering the lack of available supervisors recently.

I will also add that if it would be a request type thing it should be; Senior officer + can request it, and that there is a warrant request tab or warrant requests within the warrants tab. Because thats how it is many places, cops have to fill out a warrant request.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Having it a vote system would be pointless, anyone pressing the wrong option would be liable to infraction and would just lead to pointless IA investigations.

If anything, allowing mayors to set warrants if they’re senior officer + in the PD on the grounds that misuse of the system would affect their PLPD career would be far more viable.

Reaction score
Thing is though, with good investigative skills a team of officers and senior officers can track down and arrest any suspect regardless of their warrant status. Remarks work well enough as a stopgap, given how annoying warrants can be to deal with as a civ, and I, as a lazy corporal, don't want to deal with any more responsibility than I have already. Corporals can already break down doors regardless of warrant status when there is no supervisor, and cops can use bobby pins on any door at any rank, so it's not impossible to get into or out of somewhere if a door is in your way.

Reaction score
Either allow corporals to set warrants when there’s no supervisors alive/on duty or just leave it how it is. The request warrant feature is just a waste of time and another button for us to click.

Reaction score
Either allow corporals to set warrants when there’s no supervisors alive/on duty.
If anything, allowing mayors to set warrants if they’re senior officer + in the PD on the grounds that misuse of the system would affect their PLPD career would be far more viable.
Very different takes and placement of trust for every other party.

On one hand, I think some sort of governmental politics is what we need, to encourage a roleplay relationship that's important instead of the Mayor being some damsel-in-distress RNG chore event that may give you a pay boost.

On the other, I don't know if I'd trust some of these Mayors with authority like that. It also assumes the player puts in the time for a whole different job, so it kinda asks why even bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.