Police Broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/police-broadcast.16350/

Main Idea: A broadcast for police/emergency services only

Full description of the idea: Whitelisted officers can do /plpd or something wich is similar to the /broadcast feature the mayor already has today

Why should it be added?: To help the PLPD with crowd control when there is a shootout or a traffic stop/accident. It also prevents cars flying into a disabled car or police on the road. I'm aware an officer can ask the mayor or make an advert but they need to pay 200. I know 200 isn't that much but money is money right?

Pros: Easier to control the crowd at situations
Ensures more safety of the government service

Cons: None

*Other additions: I am aware this idea has been suggested earlier (https://perpheads.com/threads/police-broadcast-channel.6183/) But it is already a while ago

Reaction score
I like your idea, i agree with it completely. But I believe there is a simpler way, instead of coding in a broadcast feature for whitelisted officers, perhaps just give whitelisted officers that are in service free adverts, like how all government officials have free gasoline. I don't know much about code but maybe @StephenPuffs or @Fredy could chime in and say whether it is possible?

Good suggestion, Yarni.

Edit: To add in, i stated that it could be a free advert, but for roleplay sake the [Advert] would have to be taken out of it and replaced with [PSA] or [PLPD], because you would not see a notice about an ongoing scene in the paper, obviously.

Reaction score
I am definitely supporting this suggestion. I made a suggestion like this previously however, I believe it was deleted. I don't why this isn't a thing in game at the moment. I know some people may be like "oh, you can use a /advert [PLPD] then put your message" however, I think it would be better to have it's own chat command from maybe supervisors and above or maybe any whitelisted officer.

Examples:
[PLPD] There is a crash on the highway bridge, please slow down.

[PLPD] There is currently a bank robbery in progress, please don't go near the bank.

Reaction score
This has been requested so many times and its simply because if we do it in /advert someone else a few seconds later can break out a Fail advert which could usually follow these examples as I will demonstrate the issue now.

Advert: Drop 1mil or die
Advert: (PLPD) Crash at bridge please reduce speed as one lane is closed towards business
Advert: Hah dumb cops
Advert: More slots mayor or die

As you can see the problem is the fact that in adverts it just does not stand out like the broadcast system does. With this people will actually notice what we are saying preventing more issues and car crashes.

Reaction score
- Chrissy stole my idea, I mentioned it in Teamspeak... Not fair! -

Rather than using the chat command /plpd.
I feel that it should be done through the police computer instead.
(Also Sgt and above should have access to it)

Reaction score
We'll add it to the police computer

And what about Dispatchers who would need to run all the way back up to get to the comouters because their own does not have access to it to my knowledge. Its not always easy to just run up to alert the public of the danger while the police fprce yells for you. I would like it kinda merged with the dispatcher computers it has been a problem since the police computers were added in.

I have not actually checked but I heard that Dispatchers don't have it in their computers.

Reaction score
And what about Dispatchers who would need to run all the way back up to get to the comouters because their own does not have access to it to my knowledge. Its not always easy to just run up to alert the public of the danger while the police fprce yells for you. I would like it kinda merged with the dispatcher computers it has been a problem since the police computers were added in.

I have not actually checked but I heard that Dispatchers don't have it in their computers.
Dispatcher is being reworked. For now, i'll ask @Fredy to add it to those chairs

Deleted member 4983

+Support
I totally agree with this someone could easily fake it like /advert (PLPD) Minecraft.net is down atm) so i think it should be implemented

Reaction score
Denied

Due to the length of time this thread has been open, it will now be moved to the Denied section.

Status
Not open for further replies.