Police Broadcast Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Police Broadcast Channel

Short explanation (in notes):
-A way to allow the police force to broadcast to the public so people avoid the area.
-wouldn't cost anything to broadcast
-Only LT's and Sergeants would be able to use the command

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
This command would be like the mayors broadcast command so the police force can tell the public that an area of the map is closes or blocked. It would let the LT or sergeants tell the public what's wrong, this would be instead of using /advert and using up $200. It would encourage people to warn the public and would help avoid pointless car crashes from happening.

Optional additions:
-When the broadcast is sent, it would start with [PLPD]

Reaction score
+SUPPORT

I've personally witnessed two random people from no where getting killed all because they wanted to go on a Scooby doo hunt to figure out who is robbing the bank. This would be a great idea and maybe if its added a new Law would exists saying: If you enter onto a active crime scene you do have chance of being arrested.

Reaction score
Really nice idea. Sometimes i see Supervisors using the advert to broadcast something important to Paralake City but if there was a Broadcast system for Polices, would be much great.

+Support

Reaction score
Neutral +/-

As nice as it would be to see, I don't think it is really necessary. The Government officials, mainly the Police of course, can just use the /advert function to broadcast their messages to the public, or just request the Mayor to do it using /broadcast. I understand where you are coming from, but it just seems like a bit of a waste of time to add to the server...

Reaction score
-Support, now to start of this is my opinion don't hate. When i was a mayor there was a major shootout in the P.D while i was in it.
I started a lockdown with the LT's agreement. I did keep in mind law 11.14 City Lockdown
"
At times of extreme crisis and emergency, the Mayor and/or Police Lieutenant may propose to enact this law; when doing so, both the Mayor’s and the Police Lieutenant’s direct approval is required.

Once this law is enacted, the Paralake Police Department have the right to close-off and restrict access to and from the main city area; this area is defined as that that is within the area around the Police Department/City Hall, and ends only at tunnel on Sunset Blvd at the Beach.

All members of the public who are currently within the restricted area, excluding the active emergency services, will be expected to immediately leave the restricted area or return to their home, if inside the restricted area, or if not.

Once this law has been enacted, the Mayor must regularly (with a maximum of 5 minutes intervals), use the city broadcasting system to state that law 11.14 is in effect. After the initial broadcast has been announced, any attempts to enter the restricted area, as defined previously, will be considered a criminal offence; anyone found to not be moving directly towards their home or exit of the restricted area after a reasonable amount of time (typically, a minimum of 5 minutes), will be treated as criminals and can be detained by law-enforcement personnel.

This law can only be enacted at times when both a Mayor and a Police Lieutenant are currently employed and are on active duty. This law can only be enforced for a reasonable amount of time, and is intended to allow law-enforcement to properly detain dangerous criminals and/or deal-with dangerous situations; this means that this law cannot be enforced for longer than a 30 minute period, so as it protect the city’s working state.

All laws are in affect during these times."

I did broadcasts each 3 minutes and told the people to leave the "PD area" Everyone ignored it, everyone even admins.
The cops just ignored it. Now i dont see how a police broadcast will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.