Police reporting system

Reaction score
Topic: A system in order to report police officers easier.

Short explanation (in notes):
- An NPC to talk to in front of the PD to file a report.
- Only supervisors would be able to see them.
- This is a way to contact a supervisor easier
- All supervisors would get a notification or text message.
- A warning system.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
I feel that this should as currently there is no real way to report to an officer that is efficient. The way that this can work in a series of steps.

1. When you go to the information desk in the police lobby, when you speak to the person in-front there would be an option called file complaint.
2. It would bring up a tab that you would file a report. To prevent this from being abuses it will auto file in your name. It would give you the option to put your cell phone number to make it easier for the supervisor to deal with it. They would file in the officers name to be further continued.
3. There is 2 ways for a supervisor to see complaints 1. Either go to the front desk and read one. 2. Go to the jails and read it there.
4. If the officer that the report has died that the report is on the report would be closed(To prevent an Lt from accidentally break 3.5)

I think this should be added as a way to safely and confirm that a complaint has been made on an officer. This would prevent further confusion such as there is no real way to complain about an officer. Currently what you can do is wait by the PD and speak to a supervisor which sometimes takes a while. The other way to get an officer is call an admin if the person has broken a law but sometimes it can be a really annoying to deal with.

This should be added as a way for supervisors to deal with this. Depending on the situation the officer may be let go or have a warning or a demotion. This warning will serve as when ever another supervisor how to deal with this they can see that the specific officer has been acting up.

Optional additions:
- Officers can file complaints on other officers
- There can be a system in place that if an officer get a certain amount of complaints on them they can receive a warning for that.(This can easily get abused though so I don't see this in-game that much).

Reaction score
This is a really nice idea and would hopefully stop or decrease the amount of "999 what's your emergency? , yeah hi I'd like to make a complaint on officer-- tyla hangs up"

+support

Reaction score
First off I will start by saying this isn't a bad idea really, however it does have several shortcomings. As a supervisor at what point would you ever go to the front desk or jails to check these reports out? Then also do these reports get closed if the officer/official you are reporting has quit their job? If not, how long are these reports supposed to stay open?

To me I'm not seeing how this will create any accountability as is. Granted there should be a way to make a report but as you are able to job hop an incredible amount I don't think the person you are wishing to report will ever face any punishment.

So if you could explain in more detail how this would actually be effective rather than saying "it will be" that would be helpful. Please answer the questions I raised earlier as well. As right now I can only see this being useful if there was a select police force and then it would be a form you fill out for @Jordan to review or other high ranked officers.

Reaction score
@StephenPuffs , I see where you are coming from how this idea I made it pretty vague. I will answer you question in this post hopefully trying to answer them all.

To solve the issue with you saying a supervisor would really never go to the front desk or the jails this can be solved in a simple solution I believe. It can be like this. When you make a report it is sent with a ticket number to all supervisors on the corner of their screen kinda like the dispatching system. Also when ever a dispatcher is online they can send reports to supervisors kinda like 911 reports except they will have the contents on the police complaint. I can also see instead of a person having to come to the PD there might be an app or a section on the 911 app.

While yes, Stephen this might not be the most effective way but it is a way to make a complaint on a police officer without having to wait "ages" to speak to a supervisor. I see this being a lot more effective as it would instead of you asking a police officer to call a supervisor you would be able to instead make a complaint and this would be dealt with ASAP. As you did say Stephen generally this wouldn't be the best and there really isn't a real solution to make a police complaint.

As I didn't include everything inside of the suggestion here are a few things.
- You can have a phone app that would be used to make a complaint.
- There would need to be a law and/or a rule preventing people using this to get police officers demoted or in trouble.

@StephenPuffs , Thank you for commenting on my suggestion as this is a bit vague and for anyone else who has questions about this or Stephen has other questions you can post on this thread, speak to me in TeamSpeak or PM me.