Police Tazer/Taser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello Dear PH Community,

I would like to suggest that we add an Tazer/Taser to the Police Force as its not possible to stop criminal running away even point a gun at them they still run away (breaking fear rp if you ask me)
This would help the Police Force at least to stop the criminals without killing them. Also maybe adding some tool like the battering ram to force players to exit the vehicle also without destroying the vehicle or using spikes strips.

Hope these 2 features could be added in.

With the best regards your Sgt.Jame

Reaction score
-support, would get completely abused and annoying if new players join and go officer and randomly taze people.

Reaction score
The taser will be re-added to the server when it can be done so effectively. This has been suggested before, by the way.

CaptainHerbert;n5092 said:
-support, would get completely abused and annoying if new players join and go officer and randomly taze people.

Yes, that is exactly why we do NOT give Police officers guns... Oh, wait...

Rule-breakers will be banned; we have people who administrate for that very reason.

Reaction score
Here in Belgium the police uses pepperspray instead of tasers because tasers have too many healthriscs.

Reaction score
MazZ;n5100 said:
Here in Belgium the police uses pepperspray instead of tasers because tasers have too many healthriscs.

Well, this is Evocity, and there is a reason that a city with a maximum of 50 residents have their own local police and SWAT force.
It's not safe out there, ya know.

Reaction score
CaptainHerbert;n5092 said:

So running away from a cop that is pointing a gun at you is not breaking fear rp ? And if someone abuses it report it to an admin and he will take care off that.

EDIT: And you could add an cooldown for the tazer/taser or maybe adding special rules for the use of a Tazer/Taser...

(User was warned for this post ("Second doublepost in 10 hours" -Ruby))

ind

Reaction score
Yes I agree with Captain and Luke, but also it would be a lot less fun if police officers had tasers. Why? because *bang* taser.. they get up and *handcuff*.
It's more fun if you actually chase the criminal and roleplay it out.

Reaction score
terminator123;n5113 said:
*bang* taser.. they get up and *handcuff*.

You could still run, you'd just have to run faster/better. The server use to use Tasers, before a defect caused problems, and criminals still effectively resisted, at times.

Reaction score
Yes I agree with Captain and Luke, but also it would be a lot less fun if police officers had tasers. Why? because *bang* taser.. they get up and *handcuff*.
To be honest a criminal running away usually does not end with the best RP
People usually keep dodging your handcuffs (even if they know they can't escape) until you shoot them in the legs which is against the rules because you cannot shoot an unarmed person.

Tasers would be a perfect fix for that.

Bow

Reaction score
+supported why you ask ?

Well first of all I was just going to make a suggestion like this , damn you James .

Anyway , the second reason it's because it would be a lot fun when you tease does little criminals and watch them burn... I mean fall unconscious it would make the cop life way more easy .

You can add when you tease him he falls unconscious but when you tease him again he wakes up or something like that so he can't wake up when you still dragging him or something, plus we need option that let us make the teased suspect enter the car , because you can't just drag him all over the map .

Reaction score
MazZ said:
To be honest a criminal running away usually does not end with the best RP
People usually keep dodging your handcuffs (even if they know they can't escape) until you shoot them in the legs which is against the rules because you cannot shoot an unarmed person.

Tasers would be a perfect fix for that.
I agree. `

Reaction score
Ive seen this on another server, but i think it gets abused because its semi-serious rp. This would be realistic, I think more strict passes should be added to the police job.

Reaction score
We used to have tasers, it got removed because of lag or crashes.

Reaction score
Maybe you can only give it to the lieutenant? This would make it less rule breaky and maybe less lagg

Status
Not open for further replies.