Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/radio.18487/

Main Idea: Replacing Hip Hop Radio Station

Full description of the idea: Replacing Hip Hop station with a Grime Rap (UK Rap) and Classic Rap station.

Why should it be added?: Cause the Hip Hop station doesn't even play hip hop really, 1/3 times its playing the same songs you'd hear on Top 40. Plus Grime and Classic is much more popular then Pop Rap

Pros: Actual Hip Hop

Cons: Can't think of any

*Other additions: Theirs also another useless station called soundtracks or something which usually play nothing either I'm thinking that could be replaced by like a Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennet type station, I forget whats its called. Also maybe a classic rock station.

I think if this was added the radio would be more listenable to more and more people.

Reaction score
Closed.

To anyone that possibly wants a radio station added/removed, and this goes for all future ideas regarding this type of thing...
1.We do not record which stations are picked by players, so we have no idea as to which the "unpopular" ones are. We would need to make a poll to ask which player's listen to the most.
2.If you want a station added: find on whatever host it is, a streaming file with a ".pls" extension. Typically you can find this under the "Listen with WinAmp" if it is supported. If it does not have a .pls we can not use it. I will not locate this for you on their site, it is up to you to include.
3.Don't suggest generic stations, like "We need a techno radio station", please give a direct link to a station.
4.We are trying to not overcrowd the number of stations to select from with the radio wheel design so we would need to keep under a certain limit.
5.We do not monitor stations to check if they are currently still active/running. So if one is reliably offline: first check with other players, then if it seems 90% of players agree that it does not work, feel free to suggest removal.
There may be other rules that I'm forgetting at the moment, but please keep those in mind. So for this idea #1, #2, and possibly #4 apply. For now please correct #1 and #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.