Police Suggestion radios on pd cars

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: radios on pd cars
Suggestion Description: using the radio in pd cars

Why should this be added?:
- i personally think this would be a nice thing to add to the pd cars and sometimes its nice to be able to listen to music while driving and i persoally think there's no harm in adding radio to pd cars

What negatives could this have?:
- no negatives

Reaction score
The issue is that radio communication gets quite difficult when there are a lot of sounds going on. It already gets quite congested at time and it is going to increase poor response from units

Reaction score
I don't think this will be used very well, i think most lower ranked officers will be driving around and being unserious which we can't have in the department. For example if an officer makes a traffic stop he cant be blasting his radio, unserious work.

Reaction score
Also the auto quiet would be highly annoying as the police radio is used very frequently and it will be cutting out every few seconds, i wouldn't say its a great suggestion.

Reaction score
I would like this too, but I just know it wouldn't work functionally, especially for reasons other people above have mentioned.

Nothing stopping you from making it clear you're patrolling at Bazaar, parking the Crown Vic in the lot, and putting a radio from Ragnatech on the hood. Call it community policing, and respond to/stop nearby crimes in the area as appropriate.

Reaction score
You can open a YouTube video in your overlay browser and just listen to music that way.

Reaction score
There is 0 need for radios in PD vehicles. This issue was brought up a lot of times, and honestly i cant keep my sanity with unmuted PD radio, and I cant imagine ever using any additional audio stimuli while on duty.

Last edited: