Raid counter

Reaction score
idea/description - The idea is an addition of a mechanic that makes the doors harder to crack open after they have been lock picked the first time or the more drastic approach which would be that they can't be broken into anymore than once for a set amount of time. For instance the properties names could change color so you know that there's been a recent raid and it would also affect the chance of a lock pick to fail by a much greater chance for a set period of time.

This raid counter would serve purpose to prevent people from getting raided twice or sometimes even more every hour. Since everybody is just looking for places to bust into nowadays. As a matter of fact this really harms the core goal of the game which was progression and role play where as now it seems to be shifted over towards raiding and being a total ass-hat. Since raiding is the new "goal" basically everybody is doing it and it harms everyone's progression in a sense, unless the player has already progressed with full skills, expensive car and loaded stash then its just all fun and games but the fact of the matter is that not everyone is satisfied with their progress.

Because when you respect the NLR and trying to craft new arms/bandages for your defense or even change your layout of the property there is really not enough time to do so when someone else comes breaking into your door within 30 minutes from the first raid. The truth of the matter is that this "new game style" that the server currently has adopted is just obstructing the true purpose of the game.

Cons - This mechanic probably isn't the right way to go about it as I can already picture it getting abused and that you could just get a friend and strip him of his keys so that he can break into your door and boom there's the raiders protection.

Also players with progress also might dislike the idea of less action as they just look for something to do.

Pros - Less harsher environment for newcomers and those who ain't got friends/org online and has to play on their own at least get a standing chance to get some work / preparation between the raids maybe even some money back from their loss in the first raid scored from the planters who knows.

Slander - In my opinion the server has very much changed since my last visit throughout 2014-2016 and to be fair it's not for the better. Before this server was all about progression and role play where as now it's pivoted towards raiding and defending which sure is fun and all but it has to be contained to a certain extent otherwise the server might swap name to something with darkrp in it.

But im pretty sure there might be more nay than yay here since it removes action for both law enforcement and civilians however there's no dodging the fact that this is an issue that needs some light shed on it. Im happy to hear other players take on this as this is just my perception of the current state of all the raiding.

Deleted member 5920

I would like this if people had the option to disable this.

Or

It only affects people with lower playtimes.

I enjoy being raided but can understand it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Reaction score
but you can also abuse this, get your friend who hasnt played the server, get him to own the house.

A1L

Reaction score
A similar thing happend on another PERP Server, I believe they had a raid timer for people who had less than 10 hours playtime, a UI or something would come up on the door if the player owned it, but yeah you're right it can be abused, and like the other server it was also abused a lot, but I mean maybe staff can just check if they're actual real accounts or just alts? Although it's pretty simply just to get a random sweater to own the property for you and you're protected for a good amount of time, but I mean a similar thing was done and it semi-worked, but pretty sure it ended up getting removed in the end or some shit.

Tomo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Buy base protect for 10 hours for only 200k only allowed for new players and new players get free 5 hours on the start + they cant base with big people

maybe some type of thing not allowing em
to get keys

Reaction score
I do believe there should be a bit of a cooldown to raid bases. It should be rewarding to defend a raid, knowing you're secure for a bit. But then again, it could get abused by someone picking the door and then leaving, leaving the base protected.

How exactly to implement this?

Reaction score
That's the head scratching question, changing the rules might be a bad route to take imo since alot of ppl seem to enjoy the content of raiding. However if there is away to protect those with lets say less than < 3~4days played that would be alot more just for them rather than the harsh game they might have. I was thinking that maybe something along the lines of a house alarm that we have but that it could be tweaked for the newer players to protect them from bobbypins and crowbars so that they could just get raided lets say once every hour.

But also I see gaps with that mechanic already since ppl could play alts and abuse it, but that might be sacrifice we have to make for the purpose of the mechanic.