Random name suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/random-name-idea.33323/

Main Idea: Add an option to rename yourself to a randomly generated name at a lower price than the current 10k to choose your name.

Full description of the idea: At the city hall, if you talk to an NPC you can change your name for the price of 10k and you get to choose what you are renamed to, my idea is that you can pay a reduced price and you get a random name.

Why should it be added?: To improve RP, I do sometimes see regular players RP under a different name, sometimes that name is completely random or even taken from a random name generator online. it will save money and time. Pluss it wouldn't hurt.

Pros:
Improve RP.
Save money.

Cons:
Could possibly be abused.
Slightly unrealistic, I don't know what the procedure is to legally change your name in real life but there is probably not an option to get given a random name.
Unless it's programmed correctly, you could get crazy names.

Reaction score
The functionality of this already exists, so it shouldn't be difficult to implement. Though this is unrealistic, I think this could introduce a good source of RP with wacky names.

taken from a random name generator online
This is actually how the Admin stick chooses a random name for a player.

Reaction score
I think this could introduce a good source of RP with wacky names.
Just like that one time where I gave a sweatervest a random rename and he was called "Mohammed Potter" from that day on. Good system.

You could also add the option to re-roll the name you get, there will be definitely someone who won't like the first random name they will get, they can re-roll and choose their name until they're satisfied with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.