Reccomend a good South/East coast beach (UK)

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date

Deleted member 1235

Basically as the weather is expected to be really good this weekend I'm looking to go to the seaside with my friends.

We usually go Brighton but I'm looking for somewhere that has more sandy beaches, just to do the usual English stuff of Ice cream, rock, paddling etc.

Can anyone reccomend any good seaside resorts to visit for the day? I'll be traveling via train from Bedfordshire/London so ideally not somewhere above 3 hours travelling (Bournemouth looked nice but is 3hr 40 by train).

Reaction score
Do you mean east Anglia when you say "South east"? If so, here's a survival guide:

Clacton: The pier area, the seafront near the pier, and the road thats lined with arcades and amusements is nice, But the rest is spice head central. Walk down a residential area and you're guarenteed to hear at least 1 domestic or your money back. A portion of the locals aren't too keen on gays to say the least though.

Jaywick: The beach itself is really nice, But the town itself feels like the setting of an apocalypse movie. Avoid.

Harwich and Dovercourt: There's nothing here avoid it. Literally a ghost town. The locals keep busy by aimlessly wondering around the main road all day. People also break glass on the beach and don't clean it up so bare footing is like playing Minefield IRL.

Felixstowe: Decent amount to do, nicely spaced out. Pretty run down but the piers and beaches there are proper quality. Its like a counterfeit Southend.

Ipswich: Despite being a sea front town it does not actually have a beach to my knowledge. Avoid to prevent disappointment.

Southend: Fucking brilliant, has an amusement park, nice beaches, arcades,etc. Probably my favourite. Last I went there it was buzzing with life.

Walton: Same as clacton but with less to do. Has the Naze which is really nice to go look at. The beach on the naze has a house thats fallen off a cliff, which is an interesting ruin to witness. You can find shark teeth and stuff. Another issue with Walton is its quite spaced out, the naze and the Pier area are significantly far from one another on foot. The naze lighthouse has a nice view (If they're even letting people up there at the moment).

Brightlinsea: Kinda wack and boring.

Reaction score
Although you might not enjoy it because there'll be a lot of Bournemouth fans sobbing on the beach since they just got relegated

Deleted member 1235

I'm considering Southend but do they have proper sandy beaches? I don't want pebbles up me arse (at least not on this occasion) and I mean south east and easy Anglia. Anywhere from southern to eastern coast but not north east of east anglia.

Reaction score
It can be kinda stony sometimes, but trust me, theres so much to do there.

Deleted member 5577

Indeed, a bit expensive but quite enjoyable

Reaction score
Bournemouth will be ram packed with sweaty topless brits but most certainly would be your best bet I would say for a sandy beach.

Deleted member 1235

My friends being lazy and doesn't want to leave early despite it taking 3hr40 to get to Bournemouth.

I might go and see if Tom Hill will meet me

Anyone doing lifts :booty:

Deleted member 1235

I'm not going with my old flatmate. I don't live with her anymore she's in Perth lmao

Deleted member 5577

most beaches are going to be packed tbh I wouldn't recommend going