Event Suggestion Red Dawn Scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Red Dawn Scenario
Suggestion Description: You've all seen the 1984 film "Red Dawn" that depicts the United States being invaded by the Soviet Union and other eastern bloc allies I'm sure, but incase you haven't I'm sure it's on netflix, just don't watch the remake from 2012 because it's rubbish.

The idea of a server-wide event that depicts Paralake City under a military occupation from a foreign nation force. Laws have been changed, lockdowns and restrictions of movement have been initiated. Brutality from the occupying force is common, the common civilian now has a choice of either complying with the occupiers or resisting. The PLPD had been disbanded and the occupiers have quickly taken over the station as an outpost, while the City Hall acting as a regimental headquarters.

- Mayor will act now as the Major (as some non-native speakers like to call him), he now essentially acts like a dictator.
- The PLPD will now become a defacto militia-wing of the mayor.
- The staff team will direct the resistance movements by setting out objectives for each day under occupation.
- The occupation will end after certain objectives are achieved.
- Change PLPD militia models to the Day of Defeat models included as playermodels, issued with Soviet-era weaponry.

Why should this be added?:
- It'll spice up the roleplay considerably.
- Imagine HL2RP against the Combine, same concept, just different faces.
- Viva la resistance

What negatives could this have?:
- Resistance members not treated as combatants under the Geneva convention
- Geneva convention issues may apply.
- Law of Armed Conflict will be required to be followed for POWs.
- Repercussions on civilian population

Reaction score
A sentence I never thought I’d ever have to say but…

Possibly a duplicate suggestion.

Reaction score
A sentence I never thought I’d ever have to say but…

Possibly a duplicate suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.