Server Suggestion Remove the ability to use or say racial / homophobic slurs throughout all text based mediums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This idea is suggesting that the OOC Chat filter become a game-wide feature to prevent the use of common racial and queerphobic slurs, preventing them being used:

- As names
- In all forms of IC chat, including org
- As organisation names
- As organisation ranks
- Through text messages
- Through 911 / criminal records.
- Through text screens

The only mediums they can be used should be:
- Staff / admin chat
- Reports
- Voice (as it’s unfilterable)
Currently you can’t join PERP with an offensive name so we know the code for this works.

Pro’s:
- Less bans
- Less warnings

Con’s:
None as it is simply enforcing rules.

Reaction score
Again why are you guys even letting this happen in the first place it doesn't make any sense this was still a thing back in 2015 and even last year. and its not like it'll censor stuff accidentally either.

Reaction score
Again why are you guys even letting this happen in the first place it doesn't make any sense this was still a thing back in 2015 and even last year. and its not like it'll censor stuff accidentally either.
We're not letting racism, homophobia and other profanity happen. We can't control everything and we can't sit there and watch ooc 100% of the time.

Having a system where we can rely on it to block out messages would be great.

Reaction score
+Support because having people constantly using the N word has gotten pretty old and is just cringe, they might not be able to use it OOC but they still say it so like it didn't change that much

Reaction score
I believe that racial slurs should be banned from OOC , /help and organisation names in order not to disturb other players. I believe that through text message is a bit exesive. And i agree with @CaughtRed , rendering your suggestion 50/50 pointless.

Reaction score
I believe that racial slurs should be banned from OOC , /help and organisation names in order not to disturb other players. I believe that through text message is a bit exesive. And i agree with @CaughtRed , rendering your suggestion 50/50 pointless.

it cannot be excessive as you aren't allowed to say it anyway - this just prevents (new) players from accidentally breaking the rule

Reaction score
Sorry, I dont see any logic in this? Why would this be given only to new players? You aren't allowed to say it anyway, you make it seem like you want to be able to say it..
To prevent new players from trolling. Lets say a groop of new players decide to hop on the server only to troll. Do i want to say racial slurs? Not in OOC, In that case i would be misinterpreted (insulting a player intentionaly). And yes i would use minor racial slurs intentionaly in character if 1.1 wasnt a thing. Dont get me wrong, i wasnt sprouting racial slurs before 1.1 (example Joe Baggers).

Reaction score
To prevent new players from trolling. Lets say a groop of new players decide to hop on the server only to troll. Do i want to say racial slurs? Not in OOC, In that case i would be misinterpreted (insulting a player intentionaly). And yes i would use minor racial slurs intentionaly in character if 1.1 wasnt a thing. Dont get me wrong, i wasnt sprouting racial slurs before 1.1 (example Joe Baggers).
So why not make it so no one can use it, if you dont use it? Why not just block it?

Status
Not open for further replies.