Server Suggestion Shop crates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Shop crates
Suggestion Description: Add the ability to create a "Shop Crate" from an Empty Crate that can be used more effectively in shops.

These crates could be filled with either two methods; a GUI similar to the chests, or by dropping the item into the chest similar to the refund box system.

This system would be similar to the current method of placing an empty crate on a desk and filling it with loose props, but with less messy spam text above them and with less potential to accidentally send a bunch of small props flying around the bazaar.

These entities could also have maximum item number/size limits, with the potential to add bigger variations that allow for more or larger-sized items.

Why should this be added?:
- Fewer entities per shop, meaning less entity/physics lag from the crazy amount of unfrozen props in such a small area.
- Crates full of items without a spammy mess of unreadable text floating above them.
- Ability to stock up more items without having to worry about your prop limit allowing it.

What negatives could this have?:
- Without extra work, crates would have to be visibly empty and just display their items on the text above the item. A working model could presumably be made however I have no idea how much extra work this would actually be

cg1PYwM.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think this would fall hand in hand with what the current state is with trying to fix the lag, this could potentially help as less entities in the server at one.
An actual shop/trade UI would be so much better

I disagree, reminds me to much of another server, I think this suggestion would be good and would still require someone to man the shop to ensure stock levels.

Reaction score
I believe my suggestion makes this a duplicate solution due to the fact that it suggests using a single item (similarly to yours) to sell directly from a separate tab in your storage, until that storage is empty. (Again, similar to how you use a crate instead of storage)
On top of this, you can sell the item and still show its model, using only one at a time.

Reaction score
I believe my suggestion makes this a duplicate solution due to the fact that it suggests using a single item (similarly to yours) to sell directly from a separate tab in your storage, until that storage is empty. (Again, similar to how you use a crate instead of storage)
On top of this, you can sell the item and still show its model, using only one at a time.
I prefer this idea more as its alil more realistic having crates out instead of listing just 2 things and then spam buying. Plus you could do bulk discounts for big crates vs single and etc.

Reaction score
I prefer this idea more as its alil more realistic having crates out instead of listing just 2 things and then spam buying. Plus you could do bulk discounts for big crates vs single and etc.
This idea just takes the selling from storage and puts it in a crate instead of storage. You still have to stock your storage, or nobody will be able to buy, and my idea also lets you see what you're actually buying, even though buying it essentially makes it look like you're getting a copy of it out of nowhere, it's arguably more efficient than tossing 300 items into a crate to then sell. There's nothing stopping a seller from doing bulk discounts as you're saying. All this idea does is add another step to what my suggestion already describes.

Status
Not open for further replies.