Remove the whole DNA thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When you kill and the cops use the DNA tool to register who was the person that died, it shows the person that killed them. I think this needs to be removed because it makes getting away with murder almost impossible.

Reaction score
Thats the whole point of it. IRL getting away with murder is hard.

Don't want to be arrested? Dont kill. Thats the risk you run when you're murdering.

Reaction score
Make a discussion, use the template, and think before you make the post. Before saying "Remove it completely" how about you find a way to make it better?

Reaction score
The "DNA' is a realistic point and it will stop future murders.
Dont like to get caught? Stop killing people or counter the DNA Tool by simply hiding the body were it cannot be found instead of leaving the body in the open.

Reaction score
I think it should totaly stay. However I find it still intresting that when I with my latex gloves snipe some one from 50 meters my DNA can still be found on his body.
But I guess that's Perp logic we have the learn to live with. For the greater good.

Reaction score
That "thing" is a tool to determine who and what killed someone. Once again, let me reiterate, killed. Murder is a serious offense and this is not DarkRP.

Reaction score
Alright then. Here's a question.
If we can't use the DNA Tool, then how else are we supposed to find the criminal?
We can't have detectives, and we can't spend too long on a single crime because crime happens every 10 minutes in Paralake. It would be hard to keep track. Plus, we already had this suggestion and it was denied.

Here's a quote from @Medulla
The DNA scanner I believe is representative of an investigation into a crime, since obviously in GMOD the only other mechanics that allow you to investigate are the accounts of other players, their pictures, CCTV, circumstances and interrogation. As much as this can be done to an extent, you are limited by the fact that there's very little else in the form of evidence, and on a gamemode where the police are constantly being called it would be near impossible to keep up on investigations.

Going back to what I said initially, about the scanning process being representative, I do agree that it should work off a more complex algorithm. For example, a DNA sample could be extracted and then considered to be pending. Depending on various circumstances surrounding the kill, the process of investigation could take a while (therefore somehow rewarding people who take the time to, for example, covertly kill someone with few bystanders/NPCs around) and the results eventually reach the police supervisor with a result.

All this is, is an extension of the time that it would take; retaining the functionality of the scanner but being more reasonably representative.

Reaction score
The DNA implement serves as the anchor to any murder investigation. In an authentic police investigation they have witnesses, CCTV and other physical evidence. In Perpheads we have some 20 year old pretending to be a police officer with a DNA implement. The implement presents an investigation that has expeditiously been undertook as Paralake has a raid every 5 minutes. If you can cerebrate of an amendment then maybe we could progress this discussion/conception but you are suggesting abstracting the only way to catch a killer with no alternatives. You are entitled to your own opinion, but give a plausible solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.