RFID/NFC Implants

Reaction score
Hello,

So recently a friend of mine has been rambling on about RFID and NFC implants. Looking into it, the premise behind it is actually quite cool and the things you can do with them are interesting.

My question is: Have any of you looked into getting one? Do you have any family or friends who have one? What is your opinion on them? Would you rather have a Wearable technology like a ring or watch or an implant?

I look forward to these replies. Any unnecessary replies will be deleted.

Reaction score
i think its cool so ingame can you also see you ingame name by tap ?

Reaction score
Some years ago me and my friends worked on NFC chips and made them work with a RPI. The process was quite nice and they're definely amazing, i would prefer to have a wearable, so you can at least have the possibilty to take it off. My friend now uses his NFC chip to contactless power on his desktop and server.

Reaction score
I go to big LANs every year and I've seen so many with these. The only guy I've heard complain inserted the ship himself and got a odd and fucked up ship placement, which caused some pain and several movements in his hands to feel weird.

Other than the doit yourself guy I've only heard good stuff and seen some cool stuff, everything from using your hand as a festival ticket, wallet, house key, and login device for phone and computer, even saw a guy use his hand as an entrance to the computer lab at uni.

I would love to get a chip implanted in the future, my worry is that it will only end up being a cool party trick or a cool gag I only end up using 4 times a year.

Reaction score
I go to big LANs every year and I've seen so many with these. The only guy I've heard complain inserted the ship himself and got a odd and fucked up ship placement, which caused some pain and several movements in his hands to feel weird.

Other than the doit yourself guy I've only heard good stuff and seen some cool stuff, everything from using your hand as a festival ticket, wallet, house key, and login device for phone and computer, even saw a guy use his hand as an entrance to the computer lab at uni.

I would love to get a chip implanted in the future, my worry is that it will only end up being a cool party trick or a cool gag I only end up using 4 times a year.
Your last point is something that should be considered by everyone before getting one. If, for example, you may use it every day for work, at home (getting through doors etc) then it's probably worth it. Seen a company charge just under £200 for one (procedure, support etc all included). Problem is trying to find the right chip.

Reaction score
Hey there.

Basically it entirely depends on your use case if it would be worth it. I have a mate who uses it as a physical key for his crypto wallet. As well as I have another who has a chip which he’s programmed with his contact info so he can just swipe his hand on the back of phones in the club so girls have his number (it’s actually quite cool)

If you are gonna get it done get it done properly through

Decide if you want nfc or rfid and think long and hard about if you will actually find it useful or if it will be a lil gimmick. Implanting it is the cheap part. If you wanna remove it trust me it’s a pain in the arse (the same company does implant removal also)

For example if your gonna use it to open your front door exteea and see yourself using it on the daily get it.

I have done a lot of research into this so if you wanna have a discussion over discord feel free to drop me a line.

Reaction score
Get a RFID/NFC capable smartwatch, pretty sure they're more cost effective than whatever you're implanting and doesn't come with the side effects of "how the fuck do I remove this from my body now that I no longer want it". If all you use is Google Pay or open a door with RFID then it's all you need, don't know what other use case there would be.

Reaction score
As well as I have another who has a chip which he’s programmed with his contact info so he can just swipe his hand on the back of phones in the club so girls have his number (it’s actually quite cool)
“So basically I swipe my hand and your phone gets my number. It’s called an RFID implant and they’re really cool.”

6D49DE72-B63F-45B9-B04C-E72A83E9B123.jpeg

Reaction score
Allowing any sort of corporation to alter your body for “your” convenience is literally dystopian and I don’t see why anyone in their right mind would allow themselves to be guinea pigged into this shit. If we normalise this technology then businesses could start making their customers dependant on these technologies in order to use their services, which is already the case for Smartphones, even though many people still don’t own one.

Reaction score
Allowing any sort of corporation to alter your body for “your” convenience is literally dystopian and I don’t see why anyone in their right mind would allow themselves to be guinea pigged into this shit. If we normalise this technology then businesses could start making their customers dependant on these technologies in order to use their services, which is already the case for Smartphones, even though many people still don’t own one.
i want open door with hand like im using the force man, idgaf if my brain gets 30 sec ads that shit would be cool asf.
also me and drajj hive mind inc

Reaction score
I will be a part of the hive mind and achieve immortality, enjoy dying loser.

Last edited: