Model Suggestion Rip the deckgun off the fire truck.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Rip the deckgun off the fire truck.
Suggestion Description: The deckgun on the fire tuck is an eyesore at best and a hinderance at worst. Remove it from the model (This will not expose new faces that have to be filled in, i decompiled it myself to see) to fix these issues. With the new WIP skins from Havi it also will fit even better to not have it. The truck also fits more of a rescue pumper designation anyway and they all lack a deck gun.

Why should this be added?:
- Stops it banging off the overpass in forest
- Makes the truck look cleaner.
- No more HOW DO I USE?!!?!?! every time people get on the job the first time.

What negatives could this have?:
- Looks kind of naked without it.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: As a fire main on the server I keep banging off the top of the overpass with the deck gun and dealing with people asking how to use it even though it has not and will not ever be functional.

Useful Images:

Attachments

• 20240823100550_1.jpg
    20240823100550_1.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I quite like this idea, although maybe a new custom body would be better overall if there is a developer willing to take on such a large task. Overall imo the gta firetruck is a bit of an eyesore

I quite like this idea, although maybe a new custom body would be better overall if there is a developer willing to take on such a large task. Overall imo the gta firetruck is a bit of an eyesore
It is but the gta 5 firetruck isnt tdm + weird spec issues, and making a custom one from scratch is just out of reach for us. This would extend the life on the fire truck alittle and give it a small refresh considering it is even older than hl2. A holdover for the day hopefully something comes and replaces it.

It is but the gta 5 firetruck isnt tdm + weird spec issues, and making a custom one from scratch is just out of reach for us. This would extend the life on the fire truck alittle and give it a small refresh considering it is even older than hl2. A holdover for the day hopefully something comes and replaces it.
I have the resources to make one from scratch with body's ect from FiveM modeling days, it's something I could look into if it would be viable to replace it totally

Possible idea is to let us spawn two versions. One with and one without the deckgun for variety. But that extra 30mb if even might go to things better on the server.
I think if the deckgun was removed, I don't think people would use the version with the deckgun based on how, like you said already, it gets caught on the overpass in the forest.

What I will say about the model though is if a new one is made, is there a way to stop it from clipping into the floor because there is so many instances of it clipping into the floor, spinning off the road/going into the trees and getting stuck. If a new one isn't made. Is there a way that an adjustment can be made to the model we have now to stop this from happening?

I think if the deckgun was removed, I don't think people would use the version with the deckgun based on how, like you said already, it gets caught on the overpass in the forest.

What I will say about the model though is if a new one is made, is there a way to stop it from clipping into the floor because there is so many instances of it clipping into the floor, spinning off the road/going into the trees and getting stuck. If a new one isn't made. Is there a way that an adjustment can be made to the model we have now to stop this from happening?
Supposedly that's a map issue due to the brush types used there, i personally don't trust that answer but v6 should fix it they said. Some people might use it regardless as there's always some who think it should stay even if most think its ugly.

i mean the guy already has done it for the devs, let’s just put it in the next update. it looks better

Back