RoadCrew Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: RoadCrew Update

Short explanation (in notes):
Vehicle Impound System Update

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
The general idea I got to make this, was the fact that if your vehicle was impounded, you could easily get it back. My idea adds a new impounding system, working similar to the current jail system.

Once a vehicle with a tyre boot has been towed into the impound lot by an RC Worker, that RC Worker can then talk to the RoadCrew NPC to impound the vehicle. (The car will then disappear from the impound lot.)

The owner of the car can get it back for $500 by talking to the same NPC. The retrieved car will spawn inside the impound lot, allowing the owner to drive it out.

If a user disconnects, or spawns a different car, the vehicle will still need to be retrieved.

When your vehicle has been impounded, you will receive a text message saying; "John Doe, your 1965 Mini Cooper has been impounded, please refer to the impound lot to retrieve it."

Optional additions:
RoadCrew can place warning cones and barrels, to help with traffic diverting.

Reaction score
The warning cones will be useful. One too many times have I experienced either me or the vehicle I was towing/my tow truck get rammed by another vehicle, especially during nighttime. With some sort of warning cones I can place in the nearby vicinity to block off that piece of road, I believe the chances of that happening will go down - Especially as people might think the police are on scene.
The impounding idea is great. When the Roadcrew is currently busy, and my car is impounded, I will have to wait around for their return. But with this, I can instantly pay the $500 to get my vehicle back. Perhaps the City Garage NPC could also allow you to pay the $500 to spawn your vehicle, when it's impounded? Saves you the walk to Roadcrew (Unless you're already nearby).
The text message is very useful. Instead of going all the way to the City Garage to respawn my vehicle after a recent crash that may or may not have resulted in my death, or after being arrested after a chase, and finding out that it's at the impound lot, and therefore have to go all the way back, I can instantly go there after receiving the message, saving both mine and Roadcrew's time.

Reaction score
I have been roadcrew many times and found cars constantly sitting at the impound and finding the owners waiting for me to come back after towing another car. This system will be a big speed up but will the worker who impounded it still earn money from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.