Parking Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic:
Changing how the parking ticket effects the player.

Short explanation:
Make an outstanding parking ticket notify the Roadcrew if there is any.

Detailed description:
An outstanding parking ticket impounds your car and your car is put into the storage, well I've seen the change in how when you put a ticket (as police officer) onto a wrecked vehicle it now notify's the Roadcrew the cars location automatically in the /rc text if there is any. If we could use this system so when a ticket is overdue instead of make the car disappear it puts out the chat message being that there is an outstanding parking ticket and the car requires impounding, maybe this could go out every minute or something.

Optional additions:
- It automatically puts in chat "/rc A [verchile] in the [location] has an outstanding parking ticket and requires impounding."
- After five minutes it does what it would do without Roadcrew and puts the car into the players garage.

Last edited:
Reaction score
+support, i have seen instances where in a big crash, if the player goes to jail and the car is still there (and functional obviously) they will ticket it so it gets impounded instead of calling roadcrew.

Reaction score
I ended up in a major crash on the highway then I was taken to PD for suspected careless driving and causing a collision and somehow it did not get a ticket probably because of no roadrew.

While this could improve where roadcrew is used and how there still remains the fact that roadcrew is not a common job and they will not always be there.

Ayjay

Reaction score
It is currently 3am and I did not fully read this but what I think you are trying to say is when a ticket is placed onto a car, after the time period that you are given to pay the ticket the roadcrew is then notified on the cars whereabouts and then they can go and impound it manually.

I feel the current system is in place as the cars take up space on the road / highway and the problems which they cause are usually massive which is the reason why I ticket pretty much every empty illegally-parked car I can find in game. I'm pretty sure that the current system is done automatically due to the lack of playtime for the roadcrew job and overall it is not used enough to implement something as big as this. What happens when the roadcrew job is empty and the cars are spaced out around the map cluttering driving and obstructing peoples way. However, the system could possibly alert the roadcrew aswell as impounding it after a certain amount of time. For example, the roadcrew gets notified a few minutes before the car gets impounded giving them chance to respond to it and if there is no roadcrew / they can't respond in time it could get impounded.

Reaction score
+support

When I am roadcrew, which I frequently, there is something no calls in the space of 20 mins. Having this system would mean rc aren't sitting around all day doing hardly anything. However to add to your suggestion there should be time limit for the rc to take the car, just so it does not block the road for too long.

Great suggestion!

:D

Reaction score
I believe this would create more work for the RC to be involved with. Rather than AFK, they can be called automatically.

On the otherhand, what @AyJay is saying is completely valid. If there is Roadcrew, then they have a couple of minutes to respond, otherwise, the car will be impounded automatically.

So Willis, + Support my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.