Server Suggestion Roadside ANPR Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Putting up a roadside ANPR Camera on the highway between Suburbs and Parker Tunnel or City Bridge that will notify the Dispatchers that a warranted suspects car have passed it and will create an incident that the Dispatcher can assign units to.

In this suggestion I only suggest one ANPR camera, so it will still remain balanced.

Why should this be added? (pros)
:
It would be helpful not only for the Dispatchers but the whole PLPD to get a notification if a a warranted persons car passing a camera. The highway have several blind spots, and utilizing a roadside ANPR camera will not change the actual blind spot but give the PD a "hint" that the car passed. The Camera will not work as a CCTV but only send a message when the car passes either direction, and the message will not mention which direction.

A warranted criminal can still drive his car without the notification, but as soon as he pass that camera, the Dispatchers will get notified.

The incident/message could be something like this:

[Warranted Suspect] vehicle has been spotted.
JDKW34 Audi R8 Plus

What negatives could this have? (cons):
Harder for warranted criminals to use their car on the highway?

Last edited:
Reaction score
police already have it easy enough imo i'd rather this not get added

Reaction score
+support,
Make it deployable by officers- must be used next to/ on the road only.
limit it to CPL+
Maximum of 2 can be deployed.
Takes 15 seconds to set up. and 5 seconds to remove it.
It will be an item in inventory however it will make you slower if you have it on you (hence why it should be in the trunk)
You get the option to spawn the ANPR in the car trunk, if others have it already it will say that they both have been taken out.
Picture as example.

It has to be used near a police car (for power) and civs can disable it by going up to it and pressing e. This will however sound an alarm and notify the PD that it's being tampered with.
article-2203591-150594DF000005DC-557_472x303.jpg

Reaction score
imo this should be something that is operated by a dispatcher. For officers its not hard usually to spot a warranted car or find their property. Automatic ANPR will just force warranted people to use their friends car. Also gives something more for dispatchers to do

Reaction score
I was thinking to myself that this would be very annoying for criminals but there is an easy way around this, it just requires criminals to think.

Simply put all they need to do is use an unwarranted friend's car and they are fine. This would a nice addition to the PD. A way to perhaps balance it is only to make it available if a Dispatcher is on at the time?

Reaction score
  • Staff
imo this should be something that is operated by a dispatcher. For officers its not hard usually to spot a warranted car or find their property. Automatic ANPR will just force warranted people to use their friends car. Also gives something more for dispatchers to do
Exactly. This will notify the dispatcher about the vehicle owned by the warranted person. Not if he's in a car with someone else.

I was thinking to myself that this would be very annoying for criminals but there is an easy way around this, it just requires criminals to think.

Simply put all they need to do is use an unwarranted friend's car and they are fine. This would a nice addition to the PD. A way to perhaps balance it is only to make it available if a Dispatcher is on at the time?
Yeah I thought of this too, I believe it wont "ruin the CrimRP" just simply make it a bit harder to actively evade on the highway in a car that's already being looked out for.

Reaction score
Easy enough what?
there's automatic cameras that pick up armed people... spike strips, free guns, being able to die without consequences, being able to track each other via dispatch etc. police already have plenty of powers as it is, there needs to be a balance between the powers police have and criminals, this would make escaping as a warranted suspect harder than it already is

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Putting up a roadside ANPR Camera on the highway between Suburbs and Parker Tunnel or City Bridge that will notify the Dispatchers that a warranted suspects car have passed it and will create an incident that the Dispatcher can assign units to. I only suggest one ANPR camera.

Why should this be added? (pros)
:
It would be helpful not only for the Dispatchers but the whole PLPD to get a notification if a a warranted persons car passing a camera. The highway have several blind spots, and utilizing a roadside ANPR camera will not change the actual blind spot but give the PD a "hint" that the car passed. The Camera will not work as a CCTV but only send a message when the car passes either direction, and the message will not mention which direction.

A warranted criminal can still drive his car without the notification, but as soon as he pass that camera, the Dispatchers will get notified.

The incident/message could be something like this:

[Warranted Suspect] vehicle has been spotted.
JDKW34 Audi R8 Plus

What negatives could this have? (cons):
Harder for warranted criminals to use their car on the highway?
Can we have fake plates and masks for raiding?

Sam

Reaction score
I like the idea of speed cameras and ANPR based cameras. The real question here is balance. As I see it we have a massive problem, against organised criminals like @Jack Bruhross the police will not win. But against the common player with a car for less than a mil, and cheap firearms the police stand a good chance of winning pretty quickly.

Since the drug update a few years ago, and the unplanned price change of metal the perp economy has in part been destroyed. This resulted in more people becoming the upper class, resulting in the PD losing more and more, resulting in the PD being allowed todo more, and having better weapons, and more TFU. This is a bad thing, as now new players don’t stand a chance, as if they try to raid with M9s, 6 TFU and 20 cops will come within seconds and gun them down.

So adding ANPR cameras that can easily identify poor John Doe escaping in his blue Mini Cooper would be devastating. But on the other hand, it would hopefully stop Mr Bigshot raider from driving around in his dumb Zonda baiting cops.

So ye it’s a balance. Let’s say we add this right, what can we do to make sure this is not hurtful for newer players?

Deleted member 5577

there's automatic cameras that pick up armed people... spike strips, free guns, being able to die without consequences, being able to track each other via dispatch etc. police already have plenty of powers as it is, there needs to be a balance between the powers police have and criminals, this would make escaping as a warranted suspect harder than it already is
Hardly, Paralake has the yearly crime rate of a continent daily with the police force having to entirely replace their staff once every hour this would be a small addition which would be fairly helpful and stop criminals just driving around on the highway shooting cops

Reaction score
I like the idea of speed cameras and ANPR based cameras. The real question here is balance. As I see it we have a massive problem, against organised criminals like @Jack Bruhross the police will not win. But against the common player with a car for less than a mil, and cheap firearms the police stand a good chance of winning pretty quickly.

Since the drug update a few years ago, and the unplanned price change of metal the perp economy has in part been destroyed. This resulted in more people becoming the upper class, resulting in the PD losing more and more, resulting in the PD being allowed todo more, and having better weapons, and more TFU. This is a bad thing, as now new players don’t stand a chance, as if they try to raid with M9s, 6 TFU and 20 cops will come within seconds and gun them down.

So adding ANPR cameras that can easily identify poor John Doe escaping in his blue Mini Cooper would be devastating. But on the other hand, it would hopefully stop Mr Bigshot raider from driving around in his dumb Zonda baiting cops.

So ye it’s a balance. Let’s say we add this right, what can we do to make sure this is not hurtful for newer players?
I am a upper class member of the city

Reaction score
The map is already shaped as a donut so you are literally forced to go through that camera and get the whole PD notified of your location, which gives very little chance of escape without there being a shootout.

Reaction score

I don't know exactly how it would help new players more than make it known with maybe a sign before it, saying like ANRP Camera ahead, so they have a chance to take another route :)

since this will make cop baiting much easier, me and @Tinky approve :cat: :shamefullyembarrased:
That's the thing, it is possible to bait it or use it to your advantage as a diversion ^-^

The map is already shaped as a donut so you are literally forced to go through that camera and get the whole PD notified of your location, which gives very little chance of escape without there being a shootout.
You guys do this successfully on the daily tho :p

Max

Reaction score
That's the thing, it is possible to bait it or use it to your advantage as a diversion ^-^

idk bro that sounds a bit complex, rather just bait it to shoot cops for personal enjoyment and to fuel our gargantuan egos :troll: :troll:

Reaction score
+support,
Make it deployable by officers- must be used next to/ on the road only.
limit it to CPL+
Maximum of 2 can be deployed.
Takes 15 seconds to set up. and 5 seconds to remove it.
It will be an item in inventory however it will make you slower if you have it on you (hence why it should be in the trunk)
You get the option to spawn the ANPR in the car trunk, if others have it already it will say that they both have been taken out.
Picture as example.

It has to be used near a police car (for power) and civs can disable it by going up to it and pressing e. This will however sound an alarm and notify the PD that it's being tampered with.
View attachment 12246

I don't think this should be run by Officers but by on duty Dispatcher. :)

Reaction score
I don't think this should be run by Officers but by on duty Dispatcher. :)
Why not just add ANPR functionality to the dispatcher cameras? Instead of adding a completely separate item. Unless that's already a thing, and I just don't know about it.

You have full control over where the cameras are, so there will absolutely be blind spots, and grabbing a car's license plate is not particularly easy when they're actively evading in suburbs. It's especially hard to catch cars in the forest.

Reaction score
Maybe adding ANPR to be locked by dispatcher through all cameras as you would with a speed camera. Making it automated and sending a message is definitely going to cause more problems and it isn't really promoting gameplay for the division - just more things to sit around and yawn while being a dispatcher. Adding a mechanic which makes the dispatcher interact and be proactive is much more fun.

Reaction score
Maybe adding ANPR to be locked by dispatcher through all cameras as you would with a speed camera. Making it automated and sending a message is definitely going to cause more problems and it isn't really promoting gameplay for the division - just more things to sit around and yawn while being a dispatcher. Adding a mechanic which makes the dispatcher interact and be proactive is much more fun.
Okay this is just ONE camera on the highway that's alerting, just like NPS's alerting. And saying that its "just more things to sit around and yawn while being a dispatcher" shows that you never played as a dispatcher or you don't know how to play as a dispatcher.
By adding ANPR through all cameras would defeat the purpose and make it even more hard for criminals to actually get away and it wouldn't be balanced at all :)

Why not just add ANPR functionality to the dispatcher cameras? Instead of adding a completely separate item. Unless that's already a thing, and I just don't know about it.

You have full control over where the cameras are, so there will absolutely be blind spots, and grabbing a car's license plate is not particularly easy when they're actively evading in suburbs. It's especially hard to catch cars in the forest.
I believe this is all about balance. If we add ANPR ability to all cameras in Paralake its incredible hard for people to get away. If a competent dispatcher are on duty or more than one dispatcher can control the CCTV camera with ANPR function it is near impossible for the warranted person to have a chance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Exactly. This will notify the dispatcher about the vehicle owned by the warranted person. Not if he's in a car with someone else.

Yeah I thought of this too, I believe it wont "ruin the CrimRP" just simply make it a bit harder to actively evade on the highway in a car that's already being looked out for.
Yeah the thing is now days IRL because of anpr most criminals have a ''driver'' who is legal and safe so they dont get caught
it would be interesting to see this dynamic in perp ngl

Status
Not open for further replies.