Roadway overhaul outside of PD/City Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main Idea: Overhaul the street design for the area just outside of the PD.

Full description of the idea:
Literally just straighten out the road. As of now the strange and incoherent 4-way s-shaped junction serves more as a hazard than it does a reasonable measure for slowing down cars. With crashes occurring from opposing traffic, people merging from Regals or PD, and cars going too fast and hitting the corner.

Make the road straight and all the issues are fixed. Add speed humps to enforce speed limits, swap the side of the front PD parking lot, and make a simple crossroads.
Slide1.PNG
Slide2.PNG

Why should it be added?: To make it more intuitive and less painful to navigate Main St, as well as to shake things up a bit in v5, since it's been the same since version 1.

Pros:
+ Straighter road = more efficient traffic flow
+ Simple crossroads = easier to navigate, fewer accidents, obvious right of way rules
+ Parking moved = ability to extend it wider, making use of otherwise unused space, gives officers a clear view of traffic coming from both directions (not easy in the current configuration)

Cons:
- significant effort required

*Other additions:
Possibly extend the sidewalk at the Regals parking as seen on the images.

Reaction score
I am not sure how v5 is going right now, but I believe in the version I've seen this is fixed.

@Collier

Reaction score
this is my proposed design, a one-way square with the car park made central. it makes sense as its a very high density area

pd new road.png

Reaction score
this is my proposed design, a one-way square with the car park made central. it makes sense as its a very high density area

View attachment 9872
I like this roundabout-esque idea, but I feel that the typical 'American' way of solving it is to designate a primary road and have it be a main right of way.
I have a feeling this might also eat a bit into city hall space?

Reaction score
I like this roundabout-esque idea, but I feel that the typical 'American' way of solving it is to designate a primary road and have it be a main right of way.
I have a feeling this might also eat a bit into city hall space?
the city hall has been moved on v5 (apparently)

Status
Not open for further replies.