Rockradio.com stations on PERP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea:
Add a few stations to replace dead stations from RockRadio.com.
THIS ISNT A SUGGESTION TO ADD THEM ALL.

The stations we should add or look into adding:
RockRadio Metal:
Plays all sorts of metal music of all common sub genres, seemingly focusing on modern metal, etc. We don't have a metal station right now.
Pro's:
Metal music station that plays a variety.
Good for non metal listeners to get into more ear friendly types of metal music.
Con's:
In terms of metal music, fans could consider this station basic.

Rockradio Heavy Metal:
Similar to their "Metal station" but plays alternative mixes of other stations such as 80s hard rock, symthonic metal, etc.
Pro's:
Same as regular metal stations pros
Con's:
Same as regular metal station cons.

RockRadio Thrash Metal:
Plays Thrash metal, a very popular form of metal which classically took influence from Punk music, adopting and inducting punk musics raw energy, anger and speed. To the untrained ear its just metal music, but Thrash is also a huge subgenre of metal which in itself has plenty of diehard fans that'll listen to almost nothing but Thrash. Common thrash bands include Metallica (in the 80s/90s and mid-late 2010s), Megadeth, Slayer, Kreator, Municipal waste, etc.
Pro's:
I'd personally love this as thrash is a huge part of my life.
Would encourage users to speed with their cars.
Con's:
Not for everyone.
RockRadio Punk:
Plays mixed punk rock. Bands such as Iggy and the Stooges, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, Social Distortion, etc.
Pro's:
Not necessarily hard on the ears (But thats just me)
Very good street racing music
Punk has made a huge comeback lately thanks to political uncertainty.
Con's:
I don't know if the songs they play would be seen as offensive (They probably don't, but I dunno if they'd play Minor Threat songs and upset twitch)

RockRadio Hairbands:
Plays classic hard rock / hair metal / hair rock / Glam songs. Plays bands like Bon Jovi, Twisted sister, L.A Guns, Kiss, etc.
Pro's:
Easy listening
Enjoyable
Con's:
Boomer music
Some songs they play aged poorly.

Rockradio Softrock:
Probably just your dads spotify playlist. Plays bands like Christopher Cross, Dire straits, and softer, ballad style, "Dreamboat" music.
Pro's:
Very easy listening.
Nice.
Con's:
Similar to 80s hits.

Reaction score
We need PLS streams.

It is clear from their website that this will not be possible, as they only have the streams available to premium accounts, which would likely get blocked if run across multiple players.

1ad77dcc1e.png

Status
Not open for further replies.