Rule Changes - 09/11/2023

Reaction score
style-logo.png

Hello everyone,

A few rule changes will be going live soon. Read about them here.

• 1.7 Out-of-Character Names
While connected to the server, players are prohibited from using inflammatory, discriminative, inappropriate, or offensive usernames, or anything that would otherwise violate basic conduct rules.

• 2.5 Excessive Negativity
Players may not excessively impact the experience of others in a negative manner, unless the actions are a proportionate escalation of negative actions that have been performed against the original player.

Additionally, players have a 2 hour window to seek revenge on another player, provided they are unaware that the target has died and started a new life.

When participating in raids, players carrying visible weaponry whilst entering, exiting or inside of the property that is being raided are considered to be significant enough threats to be killed justifiably without prior verbal commands or interaction.

For example, it is not acceptable to:
  • Intentionally mug and target new players.
  • Destroy valuable items due to basic distaste such as product prices.
  • Killing a player over verbal insults, minor or accidental actions.
  • Killing a player after mugging them because they’ve seen your identity.
  • Cause unnecessary damage to a stolen vehicle without good reason.
  • Use explosives or incendiaries without taking precautions to ensure that uninvolved player's items are not damaged.
  • Use molotov cocktails in raids without prior negative interactions which would justify their use.

• 3.4 Putting your Life at Risk
Any actions taken by a player that may put their In-Character life, freedom from imprisonment or general well being at risk must be done so in a realistic fashion and for beneficial reasons.
This rule is specifically relevant to the violation of any In-Character law, meaning that murders, thefts, etc, are all expected to be conducted realistically;

A few common examples of unreasonable risks includes, but is not limited to:
  • Running on the highway without a justifiable reason
  • Loitering around the vicinity of a shootout you are not a part of or being within the line of fire from both intentional and accidental fire. Users must flee the scene of a shootout and wait for police to clear the scene and reopen the area to the public. This applies regardless of you being restrained or not.
  • Murdering a police officer(s) to avoid yourself or others receiving a minor punishment, such as a small ticket or a minor jail sentence
  • Loitering around the scene of a crime you committed with the intention of engaging in more combat
  • To not comply with reasonable orders given under the direct threat of a lethal weapon pointed at you, such as a mugging.
  • Committing a violent or serious crime, such as murder, theft, arson, etc. whilst knowing that police are in direct eyeshot of the scene you wish to commit the crime at.
  • After committing a crime, relevant precautions should be taken to avoid arrest or police attention, such as avoiding public places.
Some valid reasons to kill police officers include:
  • Risk of a long prison sentence, typically 7 years or more
  • Preventing the imminent detection of drug production.
  • Committing a violent crime police would reasonably use lethal force to apprehend you for.

• 3.18 Storages and trunks
While their life and/or freedom is in imminent danger a player must not use their storage boxes/trunks/ATMs to avoid losing valuable items or money that the player is currently holding on their person. This also includes detaching weapon attachments with the intention of avoiding their loss.

• 3.19 Evasion
When players are evading arrest, or other players, they must do so realistically. For example, if a player evades arrest by initiating a police pursuit, they must demonstrate to an Administrator that they had a reasonable chance of escaping. Players may not use the monorail if they are being directly pursued by the Police. In addition, players may not needlessly escalate police pursuits into shootouts. Changing, joining or leaving jobs to avoid interaction or pursuits with another player is also prohibited. Exploiting peaceful zones to hide from pursuing players is also not permitted.

• 5.3 Raiding
Civilians are not allowed to raid, or assist others who are raiding, an occupied property more than 2 times in a 60 minute period, or raid the same property more than once in a 60 minute period. If a civilian has died whilst raiding a property, they must wait 1 hour after they have respawned before attempting to raid, or assist others in raiding that property. Players who died whilst raiding or being raided may also not return to the situation until it has finished. Players are only permitted to use 2 bombs per raid, timed or remote. This does not include grenades.

If a neighbouring property assists or attempts to defend a property you are raiding, you may raid the neighbouring property which will be counted as the same raid.

This rule does not apply to players participating in raids on public buildings.

Reaction score
  • Staff
To explain the 2.5 mechanism a little more, this aims to stop people from thinking they have to make reports to confirm the death of their target and stop people from waiting obscenely long before taking revenge on another player. If you mug/kill/scam/whatever someone, quietly wrapping your car around a tree 5 minutes later and dying should not absolve you of repercussions.

Reaction score
style-logo.png

Hello everyone,

A few rule changes will be going live soon. Read about them here.

• 1.7 Out-of-Character Names

• 2.5 Excessive Negativity

• 3.4 Putting your Life at Risk

• 3.18 Storages and trunks

• 3.19 Evasion

• 5.3 Raiding
About 3.4, why typically? what circumstances would allow for a user to kill an officer for less than 7 years otherwise? Just for clarity sake more than anything.

Reaction score
To explain the 2.5 mechanism a little more, this aims to stop people from thinking they have to make reports to confirm the death of their target and stop people from waiting obscenely long before taking revenge on another player. If you mug/kill/scam/whatever someone, quietly wrapping your car around a tree 5 minutes later and dying should not absolve you of repercussions.
Ohhh. I thought it was because of me :D my record will tell why! :D Sorry! :D

Reaction score
About 3.4, why typically? what circumstances would allow for a user to kill an officer for less than 7 years otherwise? Just for clarity sake more than anything.
Probably so the officer can't say "I was only going to put him in for 3 years..." for 9.2.

Also let's say you tried to aid in killing cops, but never hit anyone. You could only get charged for a maximum of 5 years (attempted murder). I'd say it's still justifiable to try and kill them in that case.

Reaction score
Probably so the officer can't say "I was only going to put him in for 3 years..." for 9.2.

Also let's say you tried to aid in killing cops, but never hit anyone. You could only get charged for a maximum of 5 years (attempted murder). I'd say it's still justifiable to try and kill them in that case.
I agree Tilin but I also believe ownership should be on the individual to ensure it is worth risking their life as technically if someone hit a person with a bat ONCE, that is 9.2 and they could go to jail for 7 plus years. I would hope not as that is extremely dumb sentencing for such a crime but people need to take accountability if they are going to kill over 9.2 and ensure there is some justification behind it rather than 'oh he broke 9.2 he could have got 7 plus years' as the officer could very much be telling the truth if he said 'they are being charged for 9.2 but only 3 years' - people need to ensure they get contexts behind the statement when an officer says such a thing.. I also believe the officer should be held accountable if they flat out lie and say that but then charge for 7 years.

I also assume you mean with a gun during a shoot out for the below statement
'Also let's say you tried to aid in killing cops, but never hit anyone. You could only get charged for a maximum of 5 years (attempted murder). I'd say it's still justifiable to try and kill them in that case.'

Reaction score
this should be restated the word "typically" leaves room for arguement the definition means in most cases; usually. its either 7 years and above or its not

Reaction score
this should be restated the word "typically" leaves room for arguement the definition means in most cases; usually. its either 7 years and above or its not
Read my reply.

Reaction score
To be fair, merely the fact that 9.2 has 8 years listed as maximum imprisonment means that if somebody were to be charged for 9.2, they would, under any circumstance be at risk of receiving a prison sentence for at least 7 years, as the handling LEO has the lawful power to hand them that kind of sentence.

The word "typically" is most likely there to retain some sense of staff discretion for instances where maybe the maximum prison sentence for the committed violation would be lower than 7 years (attempted murder for example) and it would be objectively considered rather realistic or not contrary to the spirit of 3.4 to be shooting LEOs for it.

Reaction score
Really like the idea of keeping usernames respectful and not mean, like in rule 1.7. It's important for a friendly game. And the clear rules about not being too negative and revenge stuff in rule 2.5 are great, makes things fair.

The rule 3.4 about taking realistic risks for good reasons makes the game feel more real and interesting. Also, the rules in 3.18 about using storages and trunks when in danger make sense for keeping it real.

Thanks for the update :)