Rule Suggestion (2.1 Play Realistically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Topic: 2.1 Play Realistically
Suggestion Description: The amount of times I have been walking near or to the drug dealer and cops follow me and arrest me. I think that this is a little failrp, as they don't know he is a drug dealer, if someone tips them off of the current location of him, that's fine and 100% fair. was thinking a failrp example could be added to do with this. I would love your opinion on this! <3

Why should this be added?:
- Added Roleplay
-Give more of a reason for the drug dealer to move about
-Cops could ask people with drugs on them for his current location and give jail time leniency

What negatives could this have?:
- Besides people not agreeing or not knowing/understanding the rule, I don't see a negative.

Reaction score
I get were you come from,but majority of times most cops don't use that information,People tend to get shot/Mugged there and they have a life alert hence why Cops respond.

Reaction score
It’s already under 2.1 for cops to camp the drug dealer as they wouldn’t be able to recognise the drug dealer NPC as such without having to arrest the NPC, a gameplay feature not available currently. Please report any officers doing so.

Reaction score
Make IA complaints, if you belive they didnt have a reason to search or detain. Cops shouldnt go to drug dealer and arrest random people, as they dont recognize the NPC. They might have had other reasons to search you and detain, but if thats not the case, thats definately a serious IA case.

Reaction score
Make IA complaints, if you belive they didnt have a reason to search or detain. Cops shouldnt go to drug dealer and arrest random people, as they dont recognize the NPC. They might have had other reasons to search you and detain, but if thats not the case, thats definately a serious IA case.
I think it’s better to report them rather than solely refer this case to IA though.

Reaction score
I think it’s better to report them rather than solely refer this case to IA though.
You are probably right as they broke rules as well, but technically theese were unlawful searches/charges, so it also suits for an IA. Just don't do both I guess.

Reaction score
You are probably right as they broke rules as well, but technically theese were unlawful searches/charges, so it also suits for an IA. Just don't do both I guess.
thing is though, as a cop, there's a low bar for searches. If you're loitering around a crime scene or perimeter you can be searched. Paralake essentially has stop and search. IA would only really get involved if there was no reason whatsoever for the search, or if it was targeted due to the person's reputation or affiliations. Searching someone for shady behavior simply to rule them out as a threat is perfectly valid.

Reaction score

3.7 Right to Search​

Law enforcement officers may search a vehicle and/or storage container belonging to a detained person if it is believed that the vehicle contains evidence which is believed to be related to a crime that the Law enforcement officer has reasonable belief has been committed inside the vehicle and or a crime in which the vehicle has been used, a Law enforcement officer may also search any person who is detained for anything that the detained person is believed to be in possession of relating to the investigation for which they are detained, Law enforcement officers may also search any arrested person in their custody for any evidence of a criminal offence.
So minding the fact that the IA is aware of server rules, the officer should provide a reason to search, or what was he investigating, that gave them the right to search the given person. Investigating a case in which NPC drug dealer was involved would not be a valid reason to search anyone, as the officers cant be aware of the fact he is dealing drugs. This would be basically stop and search, and it is not how it should be handled by officers at Paralake, as it would be unrealistic to have the right to stop and search a group of 80 people by 10 officers around the clock.

If I were investigating such a case I would put it into the following classification:
  • 06 - Unlawful Search - Officer has searched a suspect without a justifiable lawful reason to do so. Refer to law 3.7
And I would suggest that the officer should be punished for his actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.