Rule Suggestion (2.5 Excessive Negativity)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4084
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4084

Suggestion Topic: 2.5 Excessive Negativity
Suggestion Description: This could also potentially relate to 3.4

I believe the rule should include a bullet point on hitman roleplay; the staff team gets numerous questions about this and I feel it would be best cleared up in the rule itself' dependent on how the Administration wishes for this to be enforced.

Why should this be added?:
Clarity on hitman roleplay
Allow/disallow a niche roleplay
Clears up a grey area

What negatives could this have?:
N/A

Reaction score
I agree with the need to include a separate bullet point on this matter.

As for Hitman RP being allowed, I think it should stay at DarkRP servers. Allowing Hitman RP may give players a false sense of confidence to try and bypass 2.5. The only way I see it being ok is if a hit is placed for a KOS'able reason, and both parties (the person placing the hit and the hitman) are sure they have a valid reason to kill another player under the current guidelines of the server rule 2.5. However, it's hectic enough, and allowing it would only create a bigger mess for staff to investigate/deal with. The last thing we need is for everyone claiming to be a "hitman" and RDMing each other.

Keep it simple and don't allow it State and clarify the rules regarding Hitman RP

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good suggestion and I’ve personally always been an advocate for more examples than less in the rules. One issue is that adding too many examples to these big rules makes them quite crowded and daunting to try and read when you’re new and just wanna gloss over.

However, a compromise could be for a 2.5 version of this guide to be made. It would then allow this example and more like it to be addressed individually. It could also just be added to the 3.4 one as like you said it could apply to either.

Reaction score
As for Hitman RP being allowed, I think it should stay at DarkRP servers. Allowing Hitman RP may give players a false sense of confidence to try and bypass 2.5. The only way I see it being ok is if a hit is placed for a KOS'able reason, and both parties (the person placing the hit and the hitman) are sure they have a valid reason to kill another player under the current guidelines of the server rule 2.5. However, it's hectic enough, and allowing it would only create a bigger mess for staff to investigate/deal with. The last thing we need is for everyone claiming to be a "hitman" and RDMing each other.
That’s pretty lame. They aren’t “bypassing 2.5” by any means as their killing players for a direct benefit in the form of a quick, sizeable sum of money.

Someone paying someone to kill someone else is realistic and beneficial as it removes any direct implication that this person has killed someone.

It also isn’t that hard to investigate. I give some sort of scam infraction to people who “act on hits” if they can’t tell me who was paying them to do it or if the money wasn’t worth killing someone over. If everything checks out fine on the Killers part, but the reason was not valid, then I can punish the user who paid the individual to perform the hit. If they kill the wrong person? Also very easy to get to the bottom of.

Lets not ban a specific, realistic and enjoyable type of role play solely because of a few bad eggs who don’t understand rules very well yet haven’t been told not to do it.

Deleted member 4084

Good suggestion and I’ve personally always been an advocate for more examples than less in the rules. One issue is that adding too many examples to these big rules makes them quite crowded and daunting to try and read when you’re new and just wanna gloss over.

However, a compromise could be for a 2.5 version of this guide to be made. It would then allow this example and more like it to be addressed individually. It could also just be added to the 3.4 one as like you said it could apply to either.
Just made a suggestion for this idea too

Reaction score
They aren’t “bypassing 2.5” by any means as their killing players for a direct benefit in the form of a quick, sizeable sum of money.
Placing a hit on another player over "verbal insults, minor or accidental actions," is worth risking life/freedom? Like I said, I'm fine with hitman RP if the benefits of placing a hit is actually beneficial, but I see it turning into a "pay me money so I can kill this guy, ill give it back" type of deal, which gives players that aren't well versed in the rules the confidence to kill someone for little to no reason.

It also isn’t that hard to investigate.
What I meant by it being "hectic enough" and a "bigger mess to investigate" is the amount of reports being opened. Lots of people are complaining in OOC that staff members aren't responding to their F6 as it is.

Lets not ban a specific, realistic and enjoyable type of role play solely because of a few bad eggs who don’t understand rules very well yet haven’t been told not to do it.
As for Hitman RP being allowed, I think it should stay at DarkRP servers. The only way I see it being ok is if a hit is placed for a KOS'able reason.
KOS'able = beneficial reasons
I think we agree on something.

Just as Haris intended by creating this rule suggestion, I think there should be a bullet point under rule 2.5 that states hits are only allowed if the benefits outweigh the risks. Some form of clarification is needed, so that players can RP in accordance with the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.