Rule Suggestion (2.5 Excessive Negativity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DnChops

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Suggestion Topic: 2.5 Excessive Negativity
Suggestion Description: PLPD Use of force policy should be added to 2.5 excessive negativity.

Why should this be added?:
Will stop pd from gun pointing over every fucking thing and ruining the game for everyone. Right now, if your not 10 toes you cant do shit against PD as they will just gun point you, and if you run they you get banned for 3.4.
"Just make an IA" its deeper than an ingame issue, it ruins the roleplay experience completely which is what 2.5 is

What negatives could this have?:
- no negatives at all

Reaction score
Did you not already make this suggestion?

Pointing a gun at someone isn't 2.5

If the officer shoots at you without a valid reason/if you are unarmed, it would be considered 4.1/2.5 in which the officer would be punished both ingame and over on PLPD.online

If you don't want to get gunpointed by police, DON'T DO CRIME.

DnChops

Communication Banned
Reaction score
how come none of you responded with any reasons what negatives this could have or why it shouldnt be added?

Reaction score
As Megasaw has already stated, in no way is gunpointing as a cop a 2.5 rulebreak, while it may be (Law)3.3/ (Rule)4.1 if they do not have a sufficent reason to gunpoint you, this can be easily dealt with via a report or a IA, typically the only non violent lawbreaks that gunpointing is used as a apprehension measure, is theft, and fleeing while in a vehicle, as it is the only way to force someone rulewise to get out of a vehicle without disabling it with a firearm/Kill ejecting the person. Im not too sure how it "Ruins the game" in anyway shape or form, if your loitering around a shootout, cops will come up to you and gunpoint to ensure that you do not have a firearm and ensuring their own safety on scene.

DnChops

Communication Banned
Reaction score
put it like this, why do they report you for 3.4 if you run, instead of shooting you? if they gunpoint you in the first place why are they not ready to kill you since they clearly think your a threat to life if they have you under gunpoint?

Reaction score
Seeing people use batons and shit more would be pretty cool but not in this way

Reaction score
How is this an issue again, whenever I commit non-violent crimes, I rarely ever let myself fall into a position in which I could be gunpointed. If you're committing relatively minor crimes and are somehow unable to escape before a cop approaches you with a gun, you've not taken proper precautions and you're bad at doing crime.

Guns are most often used to prevent escalation. Cops often won't know what your motives are or what potential risks you might pose to them or the public if treated with only very minor force. Often cops might not have their Tazers equipped, or they're alone, or getting close with a night stick is risky. You should really be escaping before the cops are within range to gunpoint you, it is not that hard

Reaction score
Having this as a rule would just allow people with delusions of the rules to further justify acting like a moron when gunpointed because “They’re breaking the rules by pulling a gun on me so I shouldn’t have to comply”. We already have a problem where people decide not to follow gunpoint because they feel as though the player doing so is breaking the rules and having that scenario become more applicable to the most common gunpoint scenario on the server does us no favours.

Reaction score
How is this an issue again, whenever I commit non-violent crimes, I rarely ever let myself fall into a position in which I could be gunpointed. If you're committing relatively minor crimes and are somehow unable to escape before a cop approaches you with a gun, you've not taken proper precautions and you're bad at doing crime.

Guns are most often used to prevent escalation. Cops often won't know what your motives are or what potential risks you might pose to them or the public if treated with only very minor force. Often cops might not have their Tazers equipped, or they're alone, or getting close with a night stick is risky. You should really be escaping before the cops are within range to gunpoint you, it is not that hard
Why, isn't it the consequences of my own actions!

Reaction score
put it like this, why do they report you for 3.4 if you run, instead of shooting you? if they gunpoint you in the first place why are they not ready to kill you since they clearly think your a threat to life if they have you under gunpoint?
i promise you, if you fail to follow GP when im a cop, i will shoot you.

Status
Not open for further replies.