Sales Tax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1L

Reaction score
Type of bug: LUA

Description of the bug: I went to bazaar, saw a Remington short for $8000, the sales tax was 50% sales, which should mean it should be $12,000, I had $14,000 on me yet it didn't let me purchase it, but after taking out $16,000 and it was in my pocket, it proceeded to take $16,000 for the firearm which doesn't make no sense at all??

How to reproduce the bug: I don't know, just goto bazaar and try to buy a gun at 50% sales and it's not its normal price

Time stamp(s): 5th of May 2020, around 10:07pm?

*Errors: None..

*Media: Will upload video in second and edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
I wouldn't really describe this as a bug. Sales Tax for selling items to other players has always been a percentage of the final price. So 50% of $16,000 is $8,000.

This has been how it worked since I started playing PERP in 2011. I have checked my older code repositories, and the oldest reference I can find was when I first moved my Vs3 codebase into git in December 2012.
a2251564c5.png

I appreciate this is an inconsistency in the way tax is calculated, as shop item prices are calculated differently, but I think it's been around for too long to simply call it a bug.

Feel free to make a suggestion to change it so that things are consistent though. It may also be worth making a suggestion to remove the option to hide sales tax, so that people get less confused by the pricing of items.

Status
Not open for further replies.