Server Suggestion Scale custom crosshair size with screen res

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Scale custom crosshair size with screen res
Suggestion Description: I understand it is not a crosshair from counter strike that is fixed on top of your screen with certain number of pixels.
But not having the crosshair be the same size always kinda defeats the purpose I think.
Also they cost a good chunk of money, maybe it should be a option to resize it for each sight, instead of buying different size but same looking ones?

Why should this be added?:
- consistency

What negatives could this have?:
- too much work
- maybe its not possible idk

Useful Images:crosshair.jpg

Reaction score
This has probably less to do with screen size, more with FOV.
Smaller FOV = Bigger crosshair as you're closer to the model.

Besides, I don't think all that many people play on different resolutions and screen sizes...

Reaction score
They are the same size for every sight however different guns are different distances from your view which causes the reticle to appears smaller/larger depending on the gun (this has always been true). This could potentially be adjusted for but would take some work to do so.

Reaction score

I had to figure out some annoying math to do this but I did manage to scale the crosshairs based on the distance to the sight. However, in order for this to work without larger crosshairs getting cut off on guns which are far away from the players view, the base size of crosshairs would have to be the size they are on the gun which is currently farthest from the player's view. This ends up breaking the texture since making it smaller results in it being tiled and thus the crosshair repeating around the edges. So sadly this is not possible to implement.

brPCSR9RuT52PBBq.jpg

nvdCc89qox90KpYo.jpg
kvIMxrfsFc8KsvcX.jpg

fTMigthdaSdnsnpk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.