[SOLVED] Crashes when join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Whenever my friend joins the server and done loading, it crashes. It goes blackscreen and then just shuts down. If anyone have any clue please reply! :)

Reaction score
6255a82976.png
?

MattIs

Hello,
Mind doing this for us?
  1. Clearing your addon folder.
  2. Lowering your video settings pre join.
  3. Clearing any demos (backup if required).
  4. Run Garrys Mod as an Admistrator.
Thanks

Reaction score
He doesnt know his specs. However I got a crash log, but I cant open it? Am I supposed to do something? I can't press "Open With Notepad"

Bow

Reaction score
There is tons of ways to get your PC specs. Here is simple one that doesn't need you to be a tech nor has studied rocket sience.

- Google "CanYouRunIT" if you don't know what's that read the title again. (Option: put any game ex; Gmod. and see if your PC can run it) Computer details" top Middle (grey)
- Download
- Click on "Mythe app
- Done
- Share.

What I suspect is that your friend got a low ram, and the server+Gmod needs 2 ram to play it so probably 4 ram isn't enough.( I had this issue back in 2012 with this server. your friend isn't the first. Also I'm not sure 2 ram thingy because this was long ago since I last tested it).

Plz don't lower the graphics on Gmod as it may inflect your Gmod badly which may cause crashing and missing textures (Not pink and black but invisible walls and such).

I got some solutions but I need to know your friend's PC specs as without that I wouldn't know the cause of the problem.

P.S try looking into Google more.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I suspect that it's his addons he downloaded a long time ago, we have deleted them but.. It's like they come back after reinstall on gmod, the total size of gmod folders is 14 gb and that's way more than gmod is? They're not subscribed on workshop and they're not in the "Addons" folder.

Just tried the dxlevel, not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.