Stock exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Add the stock exchange to an app on your phone, this can transfer money to stocks on the stock market such as, "Paralake exchange" "NASDAQ" ect
This will be a new way of making money legally so your only resort isn't doing drugs or sucking the dick of virtual people for virtual money.

Why should this be added? (pros): It will be a new source of money and in the long run, very profitable depending on the amount of money you put in, there should be a MIN and a MAX amount of money to even it out for players with millions and those with only thousands. Realistic, easy to access.

What negatives could this have? (cons): coding?

*Other additions: N/A

Reaction score
i was also thinking this which is why i think you should only be able to invest in 1 or 2 stocks at a time, also a maximum of maybe 100k?

If you think about it tho it could also go completely wrong the stocks drop and they lose everything

Reaction score
You’ve given next to no actual description on how this would work.

The idea of “investing” in an NPC owned business to make money off of it is stupid. Sure, you have to pay money to begin with but that makes this whole situation 10 times worse.

How would it work? Would NPCs offer to buy stocks off of you or would other players?

Even if this was implemented it’d either put people who do absolutely nothing on the server gain end game amounts of cash or it’d be pointless and sit and gather dust, just like poker does.

Reaction score
If you were to invest in an an NPC owned like @BigBenji mentioned then how would you profit, would you get a small percentage of each sale the business you invested in makes and as you invest more you get a higher percentage? How would work?

I also think someone would somehow find a way to exploit this and make millions, it's happened in all the stock market addons I've seen on gmod.

Deleted member 5577

I feel like it wouldn’t be useable from data from players it might get too underused maybe we could use the real data from the FTSE 100

Reaction score
@blobvis 2.0 Excellent Question. There are two approaches each with their own upside and downside:

1. Funds Get Removed from Circulation Entirely.
This would increase the Relative Strength of the "Paralake Dollar". However - false observations may be made and money may be removed unfairly.

2. Funds Get Sent to the City Fund
This is my favorite idea, the "Paralake Dollar" would maintain it's strength and could potentially make it easier for mayors to reduce taxes. However - the downside of this is, false accusations would be more favourable in order for Police to get a higher salary!

Really good question though mate, this is the kind of stuff that needs to be considered before a gameplay changing feature such as this is implemented.

Reaction score
Cool Idea, and I feel it would mean people would spend less money on guns and cars, as theyd wish to invest as much as possible.
However, for this to work it needs to be a somewhat stable way of making money, however this will have negative impacts.
People could invest 1 mil in the morning, and come out with say 1.1 mil by evening, not too bad. However, someone invests 10 mil by morning and comes out with 11mil by night, now you can start to see where this gets dodgy. The only way you could make money, is if youre already rich.
This should only be implemented if a system can be derived that will require some skill, and come with lots of risks if you don't invest very smartly.

Sam

Reaction score
Denied, for now at least.

Making something like this, would be a pretty big project. And I think it would die out just like tooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.