[Suggestion] Addition to 3.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 3.4 Putting your life at risk
Your version of the rule: Citizens also may also only raid a property where they must be absoloutely sure that the property has items, substances or weapons whichs value would outweigh the risk of being arrested or killed.
Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: I've witnessed a lot of times that several criminals raid properties because they are bored and even though they are about 50 % sure that the property has items in value which would outweigh the risk. This rule would support (in my opinion) people which would like to open up a shop or passive rp peacefully.

Also please note that this is just something which should be added to the rule

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your life is more valuable than any substance or item you could get so this would be completely pointless. Also, I don't see how it could outweigh the risk of being arrested or killed again because your life is more valuable.

Reaction score
Although it is unlikely this gets accepted, I do like this. I have long thought of raiding houses with no plan or sure profit to risk your freedom over possibly nothing. This would indeed increase the chances of getting raided if you are living in a place that is clearly a drug base, while leaving the passive RPers alone.
However, people could abuse this rule to simply show no weaponry or signs of drugs, and then they couldn't be raided, making growing drugs even easier.
I think that the best thing to do will be to make sure staff actually go through 3.4 with people who raid to see if they had a plan to suceed and all that. Simply raiding in itself when you are already rich feels like 3.4.

Reaction score
As @TheFrozenMonkeyKing said: "However, people could abuse this rule to simply show no weaponry or signs of drugs, and then they couldn't be raided, making growing drugs even easier."

This would be a major issue with the addition to a rule like this. I agree that people blindly raiding properties can be seen as an issue, however it's a 'necessary evil' if you'd like. If there weren't parties of people going out raiding there would be nothing to stop everyone from sitting in a boarded off building for hours on end growing (even more than there is now). In addition to this raiding is a major criminal activity within the server and implementing this would also decrease the amount of 'action' that the police and government see. As much as it may not sound it, raiding is a fairly large source of 'roleplay' (to an extent) on this server.

As far as the rule itself goes, if this is the type of approach you'd like to see from all criminal activity then the same should apply for muggings, car thefts etc. Putting such a major limit on all these criminal activities is excessive to say the least.

''Any actions taken by a player that may put their In-Character life, freedom from imprisonment or general well being at risk must be done so in a realistic fashion and for beneficial reasons.'' - 3.4

I feel like this is more than enough to ensure players are raiding for the right reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.