[Suggestion] Automatic Mayor Electing (V1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Date: 26th March 2015
Time: 18:07pm (GMT)
Another suggestion which I have put together in order to improve the realism and functionality of the server and it is about the Mayor electing. Due to being reasoned into creating separate threads for each of my suggestions, here is the third of many - the Automatic Mayor Electing.

Suggestion:

Topic:
Automatic Mayor Electing

Short explanation:
-
The Mayor Poll/Election automatically starts after 40 minutes (time can be adjusted).

Detailed description:

• Here is the story I always seem to write on these suggestions. After waiting for 2 hours for the Mayor election to begin, walking around asking people to vote for me, it became evident that nobody was going to run for Mayor anytime soon. This lead me to feel aggravated and quite 'weapish' that after waiting for so long, I had to give it up. Waiting for 2 hours lead me to lose a large amount of money and enjoyment.
  • After around 30 minutes of the a candidate being active in the election, the voting should automatically start. This time can be adjusted if needed however I feel this is an appropriate time to wait.
  • The Mayor job is not seen as a very fun job for many players hence why not many players run for it, however when an election/mayor is not selected, it can be aggravating for the people running for Mayor and for the players on the server, not having many jobs or a decent pay-rate.
Optional additions:

• Non currently.
I appreciate any feedback given in a reply, comment or rating. Thank-you for reading.

Reaction score
Just to clarify this for me, are you suggesting doing elections if there is less than 5 people running for mayor after a certain period of time because you don't want to wait to find more people to run for mayor?

Reaction score
Its so that it's still possible to have a mayor when people dont want to run. ANYWAY

+support

Reaction score
For times when there aren't many people on the server, its very hard to become mayor. With this it will give those who want to be mayor a chance of getting it despite the fact that there is hardly anyone on

+support

Reaction score
+Support I have the same problem to! I hate the waiting, and if you lose.. All for nothing.

But I think there must be atleast 3 citizens to vote on, so if 3 run for mayor the timer starts.

Deleted member 2538

+support! Great idea, I usually get the same problem as well!

Deleted member 1235

+Support.
When the city has a mayor there are increased opportunities for role-play such as more government jobs/SS etc and I have also personally experienced a very long wait for an election to take place. If people knew that the option to become Mayor was easier I'm sure they'd run for it. Great idea.

Reaction score
+support. Yelling at street "run for mayor" is unrealistic so this update may change this.

Reaction score
+SUPPORT
I agree it can be veary annoying to make peple to run for mayor especialy when someone gets choosen who resinfs right away beacu they didnt want to be mayor. Since there needs to be less players to run for mayor when there is less leople in aerver I think it would be possible that every X minutes 1 player less needs to run until the election starts

Reaction score
+SUPPORT GREAT IDEA!! I sometimes get arrested for "harrasing" or "protesting" when shouting outside RUN FOR MAYOR!

Reaction score
An old suggestion, but the feedback and support is appreciated. It is just a shame that senior staff never got around to reviewing this suggestion.

Hopefully recently light (activity) on this thread will get it reviewed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.