[Suggestion] Demo recording notifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/discussion-demo-recording-notifier.25946/

Main Idea:
Notify the player 10 seconds before the demo recording starts or end so the player can prepare for the lag. There need to be a possibility to turn the notifications off in the f1 menu

But of course with the text: "10 seconds till demo recording"
ExampleNotify.jpg

Why should it be added?: A lot less accidentally drive over, ramming will be removed. (due you know when the lag hits)

Pros:
- No more collisions between cars ( because you expect the lag )
- No more accidentally running people over due the lag

Cons: None. (yet)

Last edited:
Reaction score
As far as I know this would not be possible as demo's are not the same length at all times, the reason for that is something I do not know but I've looked into my demo's from when I was on 12 hours straight and they all seem to have different ticks, so I'm not sure if it will work.

Reaction score
As far as I know this would not be possible as demo's are not the same length at all times, the reason for that is something I do not know but I've looked into my demo's from when I was on 12 hours straight and they all seem to have different ticks, so I'm not sure if it will work.

It is possible. The same Lua code that triggers the demos can be used to send a notification and then start a timer to trigger the demo restart 10 seconds later.

Status
Not open for further replies.