Police Suggestion Suggestions on Adding and Buffing a few minor things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:
As a normal Officer you get the Glock 17, M9 and Revolver. And as a Senior Officer you get the Glock 17, M9, Revolver and Walther P99.
The suggestion I have is since the only good weapon we really get as Seniors are M9, to either rework the Glock 17 which probably wont happen, or replace it with the Glock 20 instead which is a much better firearm. The Glock in itself as I've tried using it many many times is probably one of the worst guns I've used, same with the revolver. And I feel having a gun that is more or less obsolete is just a waste of space in the Police armory which is why I think we should replace it with the Glock 20 which is both much more accurate then the Glock 17, but it also is almost as good as the M9 in the aspect of recoil. It'd also be nice to get the Revolver removed and perhaps replaced with something better such as an M1911, yes it is strong but it also only has 7 bullets in it and isnt as garbage as the Revolver either.

I do also feel that Cpl+ should get an option to also choose the Mossberg, or have the Mossberg replace the Remington as it is quite a nice weapon too, to have and would give Officers a bit more of a benefit in gunfights as well since we do get into them quite a lot.

Last thing I'd love to add in, which in my opinion might be 1 of the more important things here, to make Police Vehicles more durable. We get into gunfights almost every hour, and every day, as it is our job to do so ofc, but our cars get destroyed even if you just blow at it which is really bad as it makes us much easier targets. Police Cars should be more durable as we always get put into situations where we get shot at, killed or need better protection in some way or other because we do get killed many many times. Not only because of that of course as we know some of us are not the smartest and run out in the open but it'd be nice with something to help us out more.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
Having these changes would make it much easier for the Department to function and the Officers to do their job, not to an extent it makes it unfair for the other parties aka the criminals. Because you have to think openly about this, even if I know a lot of you guys will probably cry this is too OP. Just remember Officers, Senior Officers, Cpl+ etc.. wont have automatic rifles or assault rifles like TFU does unless you have that specific training to give you those weapons which you have to think about. Cops get into situations 24/7 almost where theres always shootings and we're almost always on the losing end which is fine, but having some minor upgrades or buffs would help us at least a tiny bit.

Also on the cars having more armor, it means they'd break less giving officers more time to get into a defensive position or drive away and leave the area if needed, instead of having 4 bullets or whatever it is shot on the car an just have it not work anymore.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
The only negatives I can see honestly is that people will complain and cry about cops being too OP when in reality no.. its not, its only pistols being added its not as if I am asking for a full on armory of assault rifles and shotguns and so on for every officer. Just minor upgrades that helps us.

Other additions:
None I can think of.

Reaction score
Give senior officer+ access to a m16 or another semi-auto rifle with a sight in the trunk of their car - along with a policy that states they can only get one out in the event of a shootout

Drugs are too good and too easy and guns are throwaways for crims so unless they are willing to nerf those then the only way to 'balance' is to give cops better guns because currently no-one is scared of cops and they have little to no power against zergs.

Reaction score
Give senior officer+ access to a m16 or another semi-auto rifle with a sight in the trunk of their car - along with a policy that states they can only get one out in the event of a shootout

Drugs are too good and too easy and guns are throwaways for crims so unless they are willing to nerf those then the only way to 'balance' is to give cops better guns because currently no-one is scared of cops and they have little to no power against zergs.
I would suggest a shotgun for Senior Officers in the trunk of their cars, only if there is 2 officers patrolling together but I know it'd be insta denied so I didnt xd

Reaction score

I would highly doubt they would give M16s to Senior Officers. If they do, it should be given to Sergeant+ with a strictly enforced policy.

With the Suggestion:

I think with the Glock, its a good idea to add the Glock 20 as the Glock 17 sucks ass. It isn't a very big buff but would be better for officer who like using the Glock. It would be nice to actually do some sort of damage with this weapon.

Revolvers have only been added to the PD and they should definitely stay. Just because you aren't good with them, doesn't mean they should be removed. Also the revolvers are highly used within the PD. Adding a 1911 could be good addition but as of now the PD have enough Pistols to choose from.

I think the Remington is suffice and is an overall good shotgun for officers. Adding a mossberg, would give Remmy Cops an unnecessary boost. It may be hard for cops to win certain shootouts but criminals already take a risk of losing their weapons and drugs to Officers as well as jail time.

On your last point about the durability of the vehicles, I think they are fine as they are. For one, The Crown Vic (A Standard Police Vehicle) is very good for running people over aswell as escaping from criminals shooting. Maybe adding a little boost could give officers a chance to atleast turn their car to hide behind and shoot but from my experience you either get insta killed or you get away to a defensive position.

Reaction score

i reckon the gun in the trunk policy is perfect

Reaction score
I will admit, I do not think its smart to give anyone but TFU any automatic rifle, but I can agree that maybe a shotgun of some sort could be nice for even Senior's but force them to do it like Corporal+ does with putting it in the trunk, but even then I know it wont get accepted because people will think it is too OP even if technically cops are always at a disadvantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.