Police Suggestion Suppressed MP5 for TFU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:

For heavy TFU ONLY, Either add the MP5K with a suppressor, SMG sights, a stock and it’s default magazine (Less “OP” option), Or just allow us to put a suppressor on the MP5A4.

In the days of SWAT and early TFU, TFU received the MP5A4 with a suppressor by default. This was removed as people took the suppressor off of the MP5 and mounted it to their pistols. The suppressor was removed however in the same update, so was the ability to remove or add on an attachment from a PD armoury issued firearm.

There’s 2 ways of going about this. Either:
- Grant TFU access to an MP5K in heavy gear to act as the designated suppressed SMG of the PD armoury, allowing officers to have a suppressed SMG at the cost of more recoil, less accuracy, more spread and less range.
- Allow us to spawn the MP5A4 with a suppressor. (Might not be possible to limit the attachment to heavy gear this way but correct me if I’m wrong)

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
- Allows Tactical Firearms officers to operate and fire upon armed cop killers in shootouts possibly without immediate detection.
- Allows TFO’s to not have the sound of the police radio and their surroundings clouded by the sound of automatic gunshots (Their own at least). This benefits not only in communications with other officers but also with their surroundings, hearing suspects / civilians possibly yell that they’re unarmed / surrendering or hearing them unpin a grenade.
- In terms of balance this would be no more overpowered than the instablacking wallbang 10000 rounds a second M4A1 or the game ending L115A3.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
- Might not see use.
- People will most likely scapegoat the suppressor as some +500 damage booster attachment when they start dying to them and will complain.
- Suppressed 9mm shots may become a common thing for cops to hear resulting in them not associating a flankers suppressed shots as hostile gunfire.
Other additions:
Another possibility would be to add another MP5A4 option to heavy gear, restricting suppressed MP5’s to only have the Folding stock (less recoil control iirc), and no option for a sight.

post which idea you’d prefer out of the 2 below if you have a preference or don’t want either.​

Reaction score
I'd rather have MP5/10. Looks cooler.

Reaction score
I'd love to have that for heavy gear, I sometimes use the MP5 as the recoil of some rifles are just bad enough as is and I still want some nice controllable fire rate to go along with my complete armour protection. MP5/10 would be a nice upgrade to make up for the lack of firepower a bit, even with no suppressor.

Reaction score
  • Staff
NOOOOO YOU CANT JUST GIVE TFU THE MOST POWERFUL SMG WITH A SUPPRESSOR NOOOOOOO THATS NOT BALANCED

ED687A8F-1A15-4140-BD2D-F7C08116DC45.jpeg

MP5/10 I’d love to have as TFU tbh

Reaction score
I mentioned silenced weapons for TFU ages ago but all people did was complain they will be “overpowered”. This however is a better alternative and would work better

Reaction score
  • Staff
I mentioned silenced weapons for TFU ages ago but all people did was complain they will be “overpowered”. This however is a better alternative and would work better
With assault rifles it would be understandable and reasonable to downvote that 100% as the rifles maintain damage and accuracy at longer ranges and follow up shots would be quicker however with SMGs the weapon is disadvantaged at ranges where the gunshot wouldn’t be audible.

Reaction score
MP5 master race, anything to upset the SCAR-L TFU meta would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.