Police Suggestion Change the TFU armoury and add a new level of armour. Make TFU a primary division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Change the TFU armoury and add a new level of armour. Make TFU a primary division.

Currently, there is “Light TFU” and “Heavy TFU”
Light TFU patrol and get mostly SMG’s (MP5A4 and UMP) 1 AR (M16) and 1 shotgun (Remington 870), they are allowed to patrol in range rovers. Heavy TFU gets a lot more guns, 2 SMGs (MP5A4 and UMP), 4 AR’s (M16A4, M4A1, SCAR-L and G36C), 2 Shotguns (Remington 870 and Benelli M3 Super) and 1 sniper (Remington M24). Heavy gear TFU also gets access to the SWAT van.

My suggestion is to first make TFU a primary division with limited slots. There are currently 35 TFO’s and 12 TFTO’s. The Limit can be set to whatever the COD’s and TFU Command members feel is enough.
- The second thing that would change is when a member of TFU goes on duty they receive a different, lighter gear (call it no gear for now). In no gear, TFO’s will only get access to 3 primary weapons +usual secondary; MP5K OR MP9, Remington 870 and M16A4, however, they will not get access to C2 or flashbangs. In the lightest gear, TFO’s can patrol with regular officers, use normal cars and do all normal stuff such as respond to non-shootout related 911 calls.
- In addition to this, light gear TFO’s will only be able to patrol with other TFO’s and only be able to respond to shootouts and will be limited to 2 at any 1 time. Light gear TFO’s will no longer have access to the Remington M24 sniper and instead will get an M16 with a sniper scope.
Heavy gear TFU will stay the same.
Also, give suppressors to all the weapons.

Why should this be added? (pros): Nerfs TFU? TFO’s don't have to do observation reports anymore. Adds a fresh breath to TFU. Less militarised.

What negatives could this have? (cons): more work for developers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As for making it a primary division, I’m conflicted Heavily But leaning towards no. Heres my pro’s and cons about this idea:

Pro’s:
TFU are often needed and probably could be justified as a primary division.
Its a primary division in real life in European countries and the UK which the TFU system is loosely but heavily based off of.

Cons:
people losing positions in patrol and traffic to join TFU.
unneeded as the way it works now is perfect.

. In the lightest gear, TFO’s can patrol with regular officers, use normal cars and do all normal stuff such as respond to non-shootout related 911 calls.
This is already the case with the current light gear.
The second thing that would change is when a member of TFU goes on duty they receive a different, lighter gear (call it no gear for now). In no gear, TFO’s will only get access to 3 primary weapons +usual secondary; MP5K OR MP9, Remington 870 and M16A4, however, they will not get access to C2 or flashbangs
MP5K might just be an MP5 with more recoil and a smaller mag but it’s still an MP5. The MP9 is literally a full auto M9, similar in recoil and accuracy to the M9, so idk, I think having officers who have access to MP9’s alongside TFU gear would be pretty fucking bad to be up against.

I dunno, it’s fine how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.