The Comment Function

Reaction score
All over the forum I will see people doing this:

d7093fc8eb.jpg

You may ask, what's the problem here? Well, what 'Bobbie Bob' is doing is instead of pressing the comment button, he is quoting a whole reply and putting his comment below it thus cluttering the thread.

What do I do instead then?

You may notice that below a reply there are 5 buttons: Edit, Comment(s), Report, Like and Reply Instead of pressing the 'reply' button you should press the 'Comment(s)' button, as seen here:

78c562e6ca.jpg

Swagman11 is commenting on Bobbie Bob's reply because what he has to say is only relevant to Bobbie Bob's reply, not the entire Topic.

In Conclusion

If what you have to say is relevant to the whole Topic then feel free to use the Reply function, however if what you want to say is only relevant to someone's reply, instead of quoting.

However there are a few exceptions:

• If your reply is too long for the comment function then feel free to create a reply and quote
  • If what you have to type requires an image or any particular thing from the toolbar:
    135269da5b.png

Reaction score
I would also like to add that sometimes you are on a mobile, which the comment function is not avaible. So, I'm wondering if it will be re-added or if there is a reason to have no comment function for the mobile users? I know they can state they are on a mobile device, but it would be nice if comment was added again as it was on mobile device even after changing to this forum service, but then it disappeared.

But this is a good and helpful guide overall, good job Moron. Hopefully people will stop using the reply/quote function all the time instead of comment.