The fridge

Reaction score
Topic:
Make the fridge more then just a prop

Short explanation:
Changing the fridge from a decorative prop to a special chest which can contain only food

Detailed description:
I think it's fair supposing (i don't remember his price but it should be already high enough) his price is lower then an additional chest, correct me if i'm wrong, so it can store less things, not meaning the amount but the category of the item.
It should work the same way as the additional chest with the only difference that you can put only food inside it.
I would like to have this idea added so i have already all my fishes near my stove instead of taking them from the chest wich is pretty far in suburbs houses.
It would also "add realism" since fridge only objective is to contain food

Optional comments (doesn't deal with this suggestion and it's a question for owners mainly)
I was wondering if the fact there are 2 ways to cook fish was wanted:
  • Place it on a stove: it needs only fish and stove but you may burn it
  • Go to mixtures and craft it: you will need to buy salt but the result will be 100% of times cooked fish

Last edited:

Ayjay

Reaction score
I really do like this idea, I'm pretty sure a few months ago it was floating around. I've not really seen a suggestion for this before, but don't quote me on it.

I like the fact that you'd be able to click E on the prop and then have the ability to open it up and collect food, it could possibly carry around 50 of each food (possibly less) and only carry that.

However, what happens upon picking it up; does the food stay there?
Can't really say much else, It'd be quite a lengthy thing to add I'd presume and it's not completley needed.

Reaction score
I like the idea. It allow the user to have more food on hand so they don't have to go to the shop as much, and it would also get more use. +support

Reaction score
So they would just pop a fridge out of their pocket and grab 15 burgers out of it?

Reaction score
Here's my input, make you only able to pick it up when it's empty. And if you DC with a full fridge, you lost whatever's inside it.
+support

Reaction score
While @AyJay may be correct in that this was floated about in the dev circle, but he wasn't around for them, so not sure who else discussed this. However we considered the possibility of this keeping food fresh while if you kept it on you it would spoil after so long, but that would be much harder to add and make function well.

I have mixed feelings about this though, because the food limit is set fairly low as to encourage people to leave their house from time to time. So with this it'd give more ways to just hole up and never go outside for any reason, which when people do that it voids any and all RP for them basically. Not ideal to me. However I can also see the attraction of having a fridge full of food and letting people to take some and have a good time. And that food shopping gets annoying at times and would be nice to stock up.

So I'm a bit mixed on how I view this, so for now I'm leaving this open for more comments and such from people.

P.S.
Yes there are two ways, one is quick but not cost efficient; the other is slower but cheaper.

Reaction score
+ Support, I really think most of the props in most properties need a function, can't just leave it there just as decoration. Should be fully functional, mainly the fridge.

Reaction score
While @AyJay may be correct in that this was floated about in the dev circle, but he wasn't around for them, so not sure who else discussed this. However we considered the possibility of this keeping food fresh while if you kept it on you it would spoil after so long, but that would be much harder to add and make function well.

I have mixed feelings about this though, because the food limit is set fairly low as to encourage people to leave their house from time to time. So with this it'd give more ways to just hole up and never go outside for any reason, which when people do that it voids any and all RP for them basically. Not ideal to me. However I can also see the attraction of having a fridge full of food and letting people to take some and have a good time. And that food shopping gets annoying at times and would be nice to stock up.

So I'm a bit mixed on how I view this, so for now I'm leaving this open for more comments and such from people.

P.S.
Yes there are two ways, one is quick but not cost efficient; the other is slower but cheaper.

Then maybe that could open up the idea for vending machines? They still have to leave the house to RP but don't have to travel as far? It would also add RP if they're people queuing up for the vending machines too.

Reaction score
-Support

I mean, why do this when you can drive to a store spend like $500, get enough food to last you until next starvation time, then go back. OR store plenty in a chest. The only way this could work would be if you were to implement as Stephen said, to make it so food goes out of date, but then again, it's only $500 to get fresh food each time. So I don't really see the point in all of this.

And the idea of it being similar to a chest isn't really a good one, because chests already exist and they're not too expensive.

Sorry bud.

Reaction score
Honestly, you could simply use chests for this, as they're already implemented, meaning the only difference would be cosmetic, really. Same function, different look.

Seems like unnecessary work to me.
-support