The GCSE/AS/A2 (gtfo BTEC)Exam Mega Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Sup y'all.
I know that there's a lot of us all in the same boat here with exams and I figured it'd be cool to discuss them, especially if someone else has sat the same paper as you.

I'll start, today I did GCSE Physics P2+P3, after feeling personally victimised by the C2+C3 paper these two today were a blessing.

Reaction score
Today I sat a WJEC GCE C2 paper, I'm going to need stitches in my anus.

In all seriousness it was an ok paper I just handled my time poorly, My Chem1 exam on friday will be a similar story since I'm unprepared as balls.

Trande

You don't have a future anyway.

david-cameron-afp_1756816c.jpg

We in Germany do "exams" over the year, one every 6 weeks for the major subjects (English, German, Maths, Physics.) I had to do 3 exams which count 50% of the whole mark. I most likely have my "Mittlere-Reife" now which equals GCSE, but is still better.

Go Germany :trande:

Reaction score
P2 Was piss easy, no lie think I got around 90% on that paper (I'm a cocky cunt). However, the P3 Paper was quite.. interesting.. In all seriousness it wasn't that bad, I just didn't revise P3 so I couldn't achieve them high grades. The C2 & 3 Papers were also quite nice, they could of been a lot more awkward with them. I fucked up in biology..

Reaction score
Overall :
Science in school is boring don't choose it.
Engineering is bad.
MFL don't choose it, its aids.

Choose easy options GCSE's are like SAT's no one cares about them other than personality.
(MSG ME IF DON'T BELIEVE ME)

MattIs

Core 2 easy mode motherfucker
Want to know how to pass exams?
Wake up mega early and do an past paper
It fucking works omg
And eat lots of broccoli

Last edited by a moderator:

ThomasGeorge

lol at those who have a ton of exams at the same time.
Back in my day, they were separated at different times of the year.

I also f'd my exams up so that's why I work in maccydees.

Reactions: M
Reaction score
Sick advice from a sick 6th former (Literally at the moment)

When you go into your AS-Levels, and you're choosing your subjects bare this in-mind:

> If you're not going for something with grade requirements, TAKE BTECs. Honestly, a distinction* is equal in UCAS points to someone who got an A* in something like Maths, it's unfair but that's how it is.

> Don't leave your revision last minute, honestly, this fucked me over, I left my revision until about 3 weeks before and I focussed on lessons I liked, (Physics, ICT), do an hour every night, even at the start of the year!

> Homework is actually useful, it gives you stuff to revise later on! - @MoronPipllyd Superconductors.

> Consider what grade you got in GCSE, the grade boundaries are unforgiving in AS-Levels, if you only got a C, don't expect to get another. The subjects are harder than before, and the grade boundaries are harder. Consider "Can I do this?"

> They give a fuck now, universities actually care about what you get in your exams, they can request any previous resits and can fuck you up. Generally GCSEs are just entry to AS-Levels and AS-Levels are to A-Level then university. So do well.

> As my Head of 6th said - "Rydych yn cael beth rydych yn rhoi i fewn yn yr chweched." Which means "You'll back get what you put in, in 6th form." You have no idea how true this is. Do all your assignments on time, study hard and you'll get good grades. Fuck up and waste a year like me, you'll pay for it next year.

Final Note: Don't be a retard like me and give a fuck about what people think about you, I only took maths because I was worried that my family would crap if I didn't take maths. Don't take a subject you're not great at, generally only subjects you got an B or higher in. (And BTECs go for it)

Reaction score
Anyone sitting AQA English Language (go away WJEC) tomorrow? Should be ez.

MattIs

@Murtsley did his A-Level tips. These are mine.

• First of all, buy fuck tons of paper. Make sure you have books for your past papers. You are going to complete every past paper or at least try to. Not doing in will result in a "not fantastic" grade. Yes, it's that much of a step up.
  • Get out of the "I'm fantastic!" swing, You may of done well at GCSE, but People who get A stars generally end up fucking up their A-Levels as they think they're fantastic.
  • Love your subject - Last year I wanted to do programming, but decided to choose sciences instead. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I fell in love with Physics and Chemistry (to a certain degree) and now get good grades by just being passionate for it.
  • Keep up your maths skills over the holidays, just buy an A level book and have a skim and know what is expected.
  • Start work for A levels the week you begin learning! I left my stuff until Christmas and it was a bad mistake. I've had so much work to complete just to get B's and I got mega high grades at GCSE.
Enjoy mah niggas