thehomelessdude's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Appealing for: Ban
Appeal type: Apology
Which staff member banned you: @Super_ , but the ban was extended to permanent by Fredy
How long were you banned for: Permanent

Your Steam Name: thehomelessdude
Your In-game Name: John King
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:73279587

Why were you banned/blacklisted: 3.2 - Communicated in-game information via a third-party application (Discord) (Ban was extended due to me and my org creating countless issues for newer players and toxicity)
Why should this appeal be considered:
In June of this year the unavoidable happened after I and a couple of org members got banned for metagaming even though we were going to get banned anyways due to the issues we caused and toxicity that we spread. At first I was honestly confused as to why my ban was extended, but as time passed I realized my mistakes and even recently asked community and a staff member for feedback on what I can improve and work on before I attempt appealing my ban again.

I will start by saying that I've been banned for 6 months and I've made the decision to make this appeal and properly apologize to the people that I negatively affected during short the time where I was on the server. I feel like enough time has passed since I was banned for me to return to the server with a better attitude and manners and actually properly interact within the server, since I believe my recent activity on the forums has proven to be headed better way than what it used to be.

One of the issues that I want to mention is the excessive use of raiding tools that I used which just ruined the experience of defending a base and as mentioned above caused issues not only for experienced and bigger organizations, but for newer and upcoming members of the community and possibly made them leave the community. With my return I promise that such actions will not be repeated or encouraged in any way and that such tools for raiding will only be considered in special occasions in a non-excessive amount (when raiding a bigger property like Glass Co or Parker or a base with experienced enough members of the community).

If I am given the chance to play I want to start improving the experience of the players of the community since I have seen the recent influx of newer players that want to start playing, but they are unfortunately accompanied by recent threads of them complaining about members of the community that are excessively toxic towards them. I promise to help out and support newer players with whatever and however I can in OOC/help chat or in-game in order to show that I and the community has improved.

Another thing that I want to address is my recent attempt to ban evade with an account called "Serko". I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea to do such thing, the only thing I can do is apologize to Collier for wasting his time when he was trying to find me. A thing that I learned from my attempt is what a hard and tedious process it is to start as a new player on the server and to some extend made me realize what new community members were going through when negatively impacted them to a significant extend.

As mentioned above apologizing to the people that I affected would mean apologizing to the whole player base at the time and the staff members that I wasted the time of with all of my rule breaks during that time (which can be seen in my scambans history, which clearly shows how little I cared about my actions and the mistakes that I made). So I hope there are no hard feelings and if there are I hope this apology can settle things between us.

As mentioned in my Forum ban appeal I will be doing my best to interact positively within the community and do everything in my power to not associate with problematic individuals and toxic behavior.

Additional Comment(s):
Thank you for taking some time of your day to read my apology!

Reaction score
Denied

Considering you were only just unbanned from the forums, and we have only just started seeing this new behaviour from you, we would like you to wait a bit longer before appealing your in-game ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.