Thoughts on University?

Reaction score
I think that you need to do what you feel most comfortable with. Personally I wanted to focus on Uni and during covid got a part time job. I then realised I despise uni and dropped out.

It is quite simple in the market I am in. If you have a degree it's easier to get started. If you have the work experience the degree doesn't matter anymore.
Yes you will make more money from the start in most cases due to a higher qualification. But experience can get you just as far.

In the degree's you are doing you will likely have Job certainty with the degrees. So it comes down to are you willing to spend the time on developing your skills and maybe get started on a lower scale then you would if you finish your education.

Reaction score
It varies from person to person, what they consider "worth it".

So, I'll give you my take on it:

I, a soon to be 21 year old dude, finished HS (job-oriented for CS) 2.5 years ago and got my first job after half a year in CS (Database + Lowcode Dev).

During the time at my first job, I had to onboard and tutor a few interns, coming from Unis. Also taught a few coworkers, who are professors at different unis a few things.

I switched jobs 4 months ago and I got a pretty sweet job, with a wage I never thought I'd see, even if I pursued higher education.

That all being said though, I feel self conscious about not getting the proper title for what I do. I've signed up for afternoon classes this year, so I can finish my education and feel better about myself :)