Tis but a shame

Deleted member 5193

I'm not gonna go with this whole shit about PH dying. The community is dedicated and ready for anything. There'll be reasons for it and that's cool, just go with it. People will leave, return, go for good, anything they want. Some people don't find it as fun as they used to, like myself, that's not because it is dying or because it isn't fun anymore, but as with anything, things wear out. I'm sure one day I'll return, but right now I'm not enjoying it as much, but cheers @John Daymon for the thought, but @Matt seems to be the more accurate one here. I don't intend on coming back for good anytime in the foreseeable future.

When Paralake V4 comes out, of course there will be a huge increase in players. Many will come back, like it and stay, some will come on, check it out and go. I don't intend on coming back yet, but I'll definitely check V4 out when it is released. Most will.

To be fair, I don't think the community is "dying" or any shit like that, but I think it is pretty clear that some people have lost interest. It has still got a great playerbase and will live on for a long time, that's what matters.

I believe some decisions that have been made caused people to be angered and lose interest, and possibly lack of roleplay in some places like there used to be also throws a spanner in the works. For those few weeks I came back, I didn't see one bit of good PassiveRP like I used to, and the community seemed more interested in cash, drugs and raiding than other types of roleplay.

This is just my opinion. Throw the dumb rating at me if you wish.

Reaction score
perp quit or got banned. And thats what made it "boring" in my opinion because alot refuse to make friends with sweaters because they think it will ruin their reputation towards the older orgs/members wich they might want to join up with. The newer players dont see the problem like the older playerbase does in my opinion.

The reason why people are leaving when they get banned is this:
18 bans, no perma still allowed in the community
8d4759d2c147bae8155af89946cbafd6.png

11 bans on record = perma ban:
0d1bdc822f4879dab42f330d7940220a.png

Im not saying this is wrong however their's too many staff opinions on the length of bans for people and i feel as some staff members can either be too forgiving, or too excessive with their bans.

Reaction score
I would gladly be on the server but like many others we are suffering from lag spikes. Soon as the server is fixed/updated then the player count should rise because why would you stay on the server when you can't move 5 seconds without a lag spike or two.

Reaction score
The reason why people are leaving when they get banned is this:
18 bans, no perma still allowed in the community

11 bans on record = perma ban:

Im not saying this is wrong however their's too many staff opinions on the length of bans for people and i feel as some staff members can either be too forgiving, or too excessive with their bans.

There is a possible solution to this, a point based system. Instead of having staff decide the actual ban length have a system where the rules given have a range of points. For example 3.15 would have a point range of 1 to 15 where 3.4 would be 10 to 30. Then when a player exceeds 100 points in total he'll get automatically banned for 1 day per point. So say a person had 90 warning points, and breaks 3.4 AND 3.15 resulting in +30 warning points he'd have 120 and thus would get a 20 day ban. Or 0.5 points per day, it would be 40 days. Etc

At the same time points would decrease by 1 point per day, even if he hasn't been banned yet. But only if he played on the server at said day or you would get big rule breakers who go about breaking rules then leave for half a year and come back to do it again.

You'd have to tweak the numbers but this system would allow for staff discretion to be able to give points based on severity but not have a big control over the ban length.

Obviously there would be exceptions for players who aren't there to RP at all and need to be removed from the server.

Reaction score

Please please please for the love of God show some evidence to back up your points of the server dying. How exactly was the server all in order and amazing in August 2016? People leave all the time, we had some incredible members leave in December 2013... You say we're all sick and tired of this, what are we all sick and tired of?

Believe it or not, breaking the rules and having a volatile player history is what gets you banned, it's amazing seeing this trend, the people that seem to agree with CHADD here, bar a few people have got a real fancy ban record.

4fc45955bd.png

People seem to love a good ol' moan don't they.

51948024-moan-word-on-keyboard-button.jpg
Turn the page 2 slides over
[DOUBLEPOST=1499527926,1499527825][/DOUBLEPOST]Also some staff members like to create fake rp sessions inorder to make people step out of the line, how about dat.

Reaction score
"Perpheads is dying" "Perp isn't reaching peak anymore" "Perp is losing players"

unknown.png
ok

Deleted member 4803

-REMOVED-

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Also some staff members like to create fake rp sessions inorder to make people step out of the line, how about dat.
19225845_1500809373305292_2571145131687893720_n.jpg
So, basically, you think staff need to bait someone into breaking rules, which in itself is also a rule break?

That's like giving suspected paedophiles a job as a P.E Teacher in a primary school just to see if they really are paedophiles.