Server Suggestion Ubereats (food courier job)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Ubereats (food courier job)
Suggestion Description: This idea is to:
- Remove food from the courier ordering screen.
- Add a new job and phone app for ordering food.

The job should get a car like the vauxhaul Agila and be joinable at Roxies diner.

Similar to how couriers function, they should get food orders from NPCs.

Couriers having to waste their own time and space with the big van just to deliver a few burgers is not an ideal setup imo and couriers get nothing doing it.

The old courier function of picking up a parcel from the NPC and dropping it near the player who ordered it could be utilised here as loading a box into a little car isn’t ideal

Ideally for the phone app, it could work either:
- The courier app being expanded to have an option to access the food and drinks store separately. (This is the better way I think)
- A new app could be added. A scroll feature might need to be added to the phone screen to access these apps.

Why should this be added?:
- A new job which would be ideal for high playercount hours, as it gives more variety for jobs without stomping on other jobs by adding more slots to them giving less chance of reward.
- Realistic job
- Very easy job for newer players and experienced passive players

What negatives could this have?:
- Might not see regular use (which I doubt immensely with this playercount)
- Less food orders for couriers (again not a big problem)

Reaction score
I would see this as useful if the food delivery had increased limits (food and beverages) on how much you can order.

Reaction score
What if you provide the car for new players, whereas everyone who isn't a new player can use their personal car like in real life?

I think it'd be cool if there was a new app made where you can basically clock in and off through the app instead of through an NPC

Reaction score
  • Staff
What if you provide the car for new players, whereas everyone who isn't a new player can use their personal car like in real life?

I think it'd be cool if there was a new app made where you can basically clock in and off through the app instead of through an NPC
That’s a pretty cool idea ngl. The downside to this might be its use for raids (which can still easily be countered) Though.

Reaction score
I thought this was already implemented when @Collier delivered 1000 burgers to our org storage

4ILKGI5DRRC6VF72NP2ALSKMFI.jpg

Reaction score

genius, plus you can pick up the food at various restaurants or places like Fredy's Bakery or Roxy's Diner or Gas stations at random or nearest locations.

Reaction score
Honestly one of the most original/best ideas ive seen so far. Would be such a timesaver. Can already see some orgs slip in some cocaleaves between the food as a side hustle.
+1

Reaction score
Great idea!

How much would it pay? Would tipping be thing!? Love to hear how that'd work
Same way couriers are paid, upon delivery and dependant on the value of the order.

Reaction score
A much simpler suggestion would be to just add other faster vehicles for couriers that can be used for delivering food, and having to place food & beverages in different orders from crafting materials. This means that if someone makes a food order you can just take a fast car (your own or provided) to complete the order. At the end of the day, they're both delivery drivers.

This would get rid of the negative points which imo I don't think are as small as you make them seem, I don't think people are going to order food as often as to make an entire job just around that.

Remember that once you have your inventory full of food you're good to go for many hours, which may be even more if you die (which resets your needs) or if you borrow burgers (which frankly a lot of people do).

Reaction score
A much simpler suggestion would be to just add other faster vehicles for couriers that can be used for delivering food, and having to place food & beverages in different orders from crafting materials. This means that if someone makes a food order you can just take a fast car (your own or provided) to complete the order. At the end of the day, they're both delivery drivers.

This would get rid of the negative points which imo I don't think are as small as you make them seem, I don't think people are going to order food as often as to make an entire job just around that.
Having the existing courier job switch from car to car isn't efficient though and couriers prioritise larger packages.

Remember that once you have your inventory full of food you're good to go for many hours, which may be even more if you die (which resets your needs) or if you borrow burgers (which frankly a lot of people do).
NPC orders are also part of the suggestion for this reason.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Ubereats (food courier job)
Suggestion Description: This idea is to:
- Remove food from the courier ordering screen.
- Add a new job and phone app for ordering food.

The job should get a car like the vauxhaul Agila and be joinable at Roxies diner.

Similar to how couriers function, they should get food orders from NPCs.

Couriers having to waste their own time and space with the big van just to deliver a few burgers is not an ideal setup imo and couriers get nothing doing it.

The old courier function of picking up a parcel from the NPC and dropping it near the player who ordered it could be utilised here as loading a box into a little car isn’t ideal

Ideally for the phone app, it could work either:
- The courier app being expanded to have an option to access the food and drinks store separately. (This is the better way I think)
- A new app could be added. A scroll feature might need to be added to the phone screen to access these apps.

Why should this be added?:
- A new job which would be ideal for high playercount hours, as it gives more variety for jobs without stomping on other jobs by adding more slots to them giving less chance of reward.
- Realistic job
- Very easy job for newer players and experienced passive players

What negatives could this have?:
- Might not see regular use (which I doubt immensely with this playercount)
- Less food orders for couriers (again not a big problem)

Defo down for this +1

Reaction score
Making a texture for this car is now on my todo list!

Status
Not open for further replies.