Server Suggestion Upgrade Delivery Package Time (less time inbetween) (COURIER)

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Spawning rate of packages higher
Currently you get a package every 6 minutes (based on my phone message for when packages arrived. this means you can do like 10 packages an hour, the average value is around 10k with orders as low as almost 2k and high as 20k, given the average of 10k each, x10 package of an hour will result in an hourly rate of $10.000 as you don't get any wages as Delivery driver (
You have earned $0 - $0 (income tax) for delivering much needed items to the people.) This means it is absolutely not profitable to run Courier as it is probably the lowest paying job in Paralake.
All I am asking for is to make use of the van more being able to put 4 packages in the back and upgrading the spawning time to for example 1 package per minute. With a limit if 6? packages

tl;dr add more money for Delivery man, 1 package per minute so they have more to do and make more money (with max spawn 6 excluding player packages) and making it more interactive instead of AFK timer waiting game.

Why should this be added? (pros): Courier more used (less dead), more money for Courier, Finally use for the 4 slots of the van

What negatives could this have? (cons): More props ingame, more chunky cars driving around and illegally parked vans

*Other additions: adjustable
EDIT:
I wouldn't mind either lowering the average value of packages, it is for me about the fact you have to wait 6 minutes on one package to then deliver it scattered across town. The money is a nice extra but the main thing is that the job gets more interactive and less AFK timed

B6E8DE79446E88F0ACABE7885931E4909E2B9F6A
My sad empty lot most of the time

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really like this suggestion. I think the Courier is an under rated job and most of the time whenever I don't want to leave my house and get popped, I order from the courier and it also helps new players learn the map and where everything is. I think giving it a small boost in packages might make more people consider the job.

Reaction score
I really like this suggestion. I think the Courier is an under rated job and most of the time whenever I don't want to leave my house and get popped, I order from the courier and it also helps new players learn the map and where everything is. I think giving it a small boost in packages might make more people consider the job.
I love playing courier, but yeah, it's mostly afking and then getting a very cheap package that requires you to drive to the other side of the map so it's really discouraging, and people rarely order stuff

Reaction score
x10 package of an hour will result in an hourly rate of $10.000 as you don't get any wages as Delivery driver (
You have earned $0 - $0 (income tax) for delivering much needed items to the people.) This means it is absolutely not profitable to run Courier as it is probably the lowest paying job in Paralake.

If the average hourly profit gain of working as a Delivery Driver is $10,000, then the job is more profitable than most other jobs, especially since it is not affected by income tax.
For a premium member playing as a Roadcrew Worker, they make $192.5 per minute, with a default 40% income tax, that becomes $115.5 a minute, or $6,930 an hour. Without any income tax (which is highly unlikely), they can make up to $11,550 an hour.

I'm not mentioning this because I am at all against this suggestion, I totally support making it so legal jobs are more profitable, but at the same time, I don't want for one job in particular to receive special attention, when all legal jobs should have a pay increase.

I did these calculations a while ago, but I'll just quote the post I made in this thread: https://perpheads.com/threads/incre...bs-excluding-officer.42714/page-4#post-334405

I personally still believe that the pay for legal jobs should be increased, merely for the time it'll really take to afford those goals you mention. For a job with a standard $110 pay, $192.5 as premium, and let's say it's the default 40% tax, you're making about $115.5 a minute, or $6930 an hour. If your goal is to buy a car like, for example, the Morgan Aero SS that costs $1,200,000.00, you'll have to spend roughly 173 hours on this job, not to include any downtime if you die/get knocked out, or money spent on food. Let's say you're only able to play for 4 hours a day (School/Work?), it'll take you over 43 days just to afford this car, if you don't spend a single dollar on anything else.
I do get that the idea is to keep players around while they go for these goals, but if a new player knew how long it'd actually take to afford their dream car by working as roadcrew, don't you think they'll be discouraged at least a little bit?

Even before drugs were changed to their current state, I could make about 700k a day, so affording that new player's dream car could be achieved for me within 48 hours. Of course, that's if I spend most of my day on the server, growing, but this is just an example. And with today's state of drugs, you can rather easily ramp that up to over 1 million per day, if you play your cards right. But if a new player, who has premium, spends 10 hours in a day playing as roadcrew, and getting an additional $500 every 10 minutes for repairs/impound, they'd be looking at a total of $99.3k for all their work. 10 hours for a fraction of what someone growing drugs could make in both the current and the old system.

Deleted member 5577

If the average hourly profit gain of working as a Delivery Driver is $10,000, then the job is more profitable than most other jobs, especially since it is not affected by income tax.
For a premium member playing as a Roadcrew Worker, they make $192.5 per minute, with a default 40% income tax, that becomes $115.5 a minute, or $6,930 an hour. Without any income tax (which is highly unlikely), they can make up to $11,550 an hour.

I'm not mentioning this because I am at all against this suggestion, I totally support making it so legal jobs are more profitable, but at the same time, I don't want for one job in particular to receive special attention, when all legal jobs should have a pay increase.

I did these calculations a while ago, but I'll just quote the post I made in this thread: https://perpheads.com/threads/incre...bs-excluding-officer.42714/page-4#post-334405
But roadcrew make a lot of tax free money from charging for repairs, tows and unimpounding vehicles

Reaction score
But roadcrew make a lot of tax free money from charging for repairs, tows and unimpounding vehicles
That depends entirely on when you're playing.
My best guess is that whenever the server is at its peak, you may end up getting that additional $500 every 7-10 minutes, which can give somewhere between $3000-$4250 extra per hour, for a total of $9930-$11180 per hour, which is around what Courier would make per hour as well, going by Blob's calculations.
But when the server isn't all that busy, you may rarely get that $500 for repairs/tow/unimpoundings, and then it will typically be between the $6.9k-$9k an hour at most.
But I just used Roadcrew Worker as an example. There's also taxi driver, whom you could argue makes money whenever someone takes a ride, but honestly, who even uses the taxi nowadays? Of all jobs, that one seems a bit more abandoned, honestly.
Medic has the luxury of getting paid whenever people die or need to be revived, so they're one of the more profitable jobs, even though they only make $6.9k an hour from their paycheck.
Firefighter is mostly only used when there already is a fire, and someone needs a bit of quick cash, but otherwise it's also a job that is empty most of the time. Once again. $6.9k an hour, and some money from extinguishing fires.
And so on and on.

An average of $10k per hour for Courier isn't bad compared to most other legal jobs, but like I mentioned before, the pay for legal jobs is generally just bad in comparison to other methods, such as growing drugs or even fishing for that matter, both of which are things you can do while being mostly AFK as well.

I am excluding police from everything because of the inconsistency on the average person's pay due to all the different ranks and confiscation money.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I wouldn't mind either lowering the average value of packages, it is for me about the fact you have to wait 6 minutes on one package to then deliver it scattered across town. The money is a nice extra but the main thing is that the job gets more interactive and less AFK timed

Deleted member 5577

That depends entirely on when you're playing.
My best guess is that whenever the server is at its peak, you may end up getting that additional $500 every 7-10 minutes, which can give somewhere between $3000-$4250 extra per hour, for a total of $9930-$11180 per hour, which is around what Courier would make per hour as well, going by Blob's calculations.
But when the server isn't all that busy, you may rarely get that $500 for repairs/tow/unimpoundings, and then it will typically be between the $6.9k-$9k an hour at most.
But I just used Roadcrew Worker as an example. There's also taxi driver, whom you could argue makes money whenever someone takes a ride, but honestly, who even uses the taxi nowadays? Of all jobs, that one seems a bit more abandoned, honestly.
Medic has the luxury of getting paid whenever people die or need to be revived, so they're one of the more profitable jobs, even though they only make $6.9k an hour from their paycheck.
Firefighter is mostly only used when there already is a fire, and someone needs a bit of quick cash, but otherwise it's also a job that is empty most of the time. Once again. $6.9k an hour, and some money from extinguishing fires.
And so on and on.

An average of $10k per hour for Courier isn't bad compared to most other legal jobs, but like I mentioned before, the pay for legal jobs is generally just bad in comparison to other methods, such as growing drugs or even fishing for that matter, both of which are things you can do while being mostly AFK as well.

I am excluding police from everything because of the inconsistency on the average person's pay due to all the different ranks and confiscation money.
Can’t entirely write off taxi tbf I was playing it not long ago and was getting a very nice amount of rides. It’s especially helpful to be parked outside PD and have the mayor defund all the cars