Server Suggestion Porch Thief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Porch Thief
Suggestion Description: A Dark Web mission suggestion

User is prompted to select difficulty Easy, Medium or Hard.

Difficulty determines:

1) Value of stolen items
2) Location variety of where to steal the item
3) Time before the window of opportunity expires
4) Amount of packages listed

Upon theft of the first package the user is warranted for Theft and a 911 is instantly sent to the PLPD informing them of exactly where the incident occurred. Each time a package is stolen, 911 is "called" (texted) regarding the incident 10 seconds after the package is picked up.

If the user misses a window of opportunity. The contractor angerly messages the criminal informing them the package opportunity expired, then moves on to the next assigned location.

If the user is arrested the mission is failed, the mission does not fail if the user misses a single opportunity but it does if the user fails to acquire a single package by the time all the opportunities have passed.

Each list has 2-6 packages meaning 2-6 locations

Optional idea: If a courier is on, lists are now made to have 4-6 instead of 2-6 packages / locations. Promoting more couriers from the criminal community, which helps motivate passive rp that benefits priority rp.

The criminal gets messaged randomly ordered locations amongst Hicktown / Wood Cabin / Slums / Projex.

The user is given 10 minutes to drive to each location upon being given the list to collect the package, Otherwise the opportunity expires.

The user searches each property in that location first in the last then goes on and on receiving $1000-$2,500 each package.

The criminal gets messaged randomly ordered locations amongst Regals / Any Subs House / Office .

The user is given 5 minutes to drive to each location upon being given the list to collect the package, Otherwise the opportunity expires.

The user searches each property in that location first in the last then goes on and on receiving $2,500-$4000 each package.

The criminal gets messaged randomly ordered locations amongst Office / Parker Materials / Glass Co / Regals / Any subs house.

The user is given 3 minutes to drive to each location upon being given the list to collect the package, Otherwise the opportunity expires.

The user searches each property in that location first in the last then goes on and on receiving $3,000-$5000 each package.

After all the windows of opportunity are exhausted, The criminal must drop off the stolen package(s) at a meet-up spot texted to them by the contractor at a randomly selected location.

Drop off locations may be ranging from either City Garage / Alley next to Chair Shop / Alley behind Office (DD Alley) / Docks / Subs Monorail / Business Monorail / Bazaar Alley.

The Criminal gets paid in cash, then the mission is completed.

Why should this be added?:
- Fun way to add crime
- In depth job that is fun for cops and crims
- promotes passive rp by benefitting criminals who will want more couriers
- Sweater friendly for new players and challenging for experienced players with fast cars
- Warrant makes it so that if PD has too much on their hands at the time, the PD still has a chance to pursue the thief later.

What negatives could this have?:
- Too much crime for PD to deal with?

Reaction score
So where would the package be placed in the houses or right outside
outside, The idea of a porch thief is that they wait for a courier to drop off a package at your porch, outside your home. Then they take it and leave in a hurry.

When the criminal is told about a location, they aren't told what place specifically. They must quickly inspect each porch in the area they were informed of where the opportunity lies to see if a package is dropped off there.

Example:

A opportunity is at slums.

User drives to slums

Looks at the "porch" / door step of 1-4 and sees a package at the doorstep of 4.

The user picks it up like an item, then runs in a hurry.

Reaction score
outside, The idea of a porch thief is that they wait for a courier to drop off a package at your porch, outside your home. Then they take it and leave in a hurry.

When the criminal is told about a location, they aren't told what place specifically. They must quickly inspect each porch in the area they were informed of where the opportunity lies to see if a package is dropped off there.

Example:

A opportunity is at slums.

User drives to slums

Looks at the "porch" / door step of 1-4 and sees a package at the doorstep of 4.

So this is an acutal players package

Reaction score
So this is an acutal players package
no. I never meant that, It not like the real delivery package whatsoever because that needs to be picked up via NPC or as a physical object not an item. If you read what i said earlier i said
This mission won't interfere with couriers or people's orders. The only possible connection to real couriers is that if a courier is on the reward might be more likely to become better so criminals will support couriers therefore passive RP is cheered for as it helps criminals earn more.

Reaction score
The main intent of the whole missions system is to teach new players how to play the game, the dark web section teaches how to do the criminal activities included within the gamemode. Adding a mission teaching players how to do something that isn't intended or encouraged in normal gameplay goes against the point of the system as a whole.

If anything, having a mission including making the player break into a property to steal something (like a package) would make more sense as it would teach new players an intended game mechanic, however this of course has significant drawbacks of it's own that make it not worth implementing.

Reaction score
The main intent of the whole missions system is to teach new players how to play the game, the dark web section teaches how to do the criminal activities included within the gamemode. Adding a mission teaching players how to do something that isn't intended or encouraged in normal gameplay goes against the point of the system as a whole.
what about Chop Shop? That contradicts your whole perspective.

Even if that point is the case, it's not necessarily a negative thing to add more variety to crime while encouraging passive RP in a unique way. Doing the same crime everyday gets boring, so it's actually a wanted addition for crims to have more things to do in variables.

Reaction score
What about Chop Shop? That contradicts your whole perspective.
Chop Shop teaches you the process of stealing vehicles and evading police with them, it of course provides an incentive to do the mission as they all do. Stealing vehicles is intended and is a part of standard gameplay, whereas stealing packages from the courier/customers isn't a game mechanic anyone necessarily intended and is an extremely annoying part of gameplay that I don't really feel people should be encouraged to do for no real reason.

Even if that point is the case, it's not necessarily a negative thing to add more variety to crime while encouraging passive RP in a unique way.
If you're talking about the mission, committing crime for the benefit of whatever reward you'd receive isn't passive RP. If you're talking about people doing it anyway as a result, it's still not exactly a "passive rp" beneficial for the server of people around it, it just serves as an annoyance for anyone having their packages stolen.

Reaction score
Chop Shop teaches you the process of stealing vehicles and evading police with them, it of course provides an incentive to do the mission as they all do. Stealing vehicles is intended and is a part of standard gameplay, whereas stealing packages from the courier/customers isn't a game mechanic anyone necessarily intended and is an extremely annoying part of gameplay that I don't really feel people should be encouraged to do for no real reason.
You're misunderstanding Sam. The suggestion, as I already stated previously, will NOT negatively affect couriers whatsoever. It has nothing to do with couriers except that it will in fact encourage them to be on duty since when they are on duty the reward Criminals gain is higher purely because they are on duty. Their packages, deliveries and work will not be harmed whatsoever. All the "stolen courier packages" are spawned in, not real player packages.

Additionally, it's a new crime so it adds variety and makes being a criminal less repetitive so while it doesn't coincidentally have an already existing crime that it replicates; it is still a well-thought out new form of mission that will add more enjoyability to the gamemode.

Reaction score
You're misunderstanding Sam. The suggestion, as I already stated previously, will NOT negatively affect couriers whatsoever. It has nothing to do with couriers except that it will in fact encourage them to be on duty since when they are on duty the reward Criminals gain is higher purely because they are on duty. Their packages, deliveries and work will not be harmed whatsoever. All the "stolen courier packages" are spawned in, not real player packages.
I understand this, my point is that the entire mission system serves as a tutorial for new players, teaching them how to play various parts of the game/server. The only thing the addition of this mission would teach them is that (after the mission) they would potentially gain benefit from stealing ACTUAL packages that would have an effect on actual players.

Reaction score
If you made a suggestion such as where the player needed to craft a bat or any weapon i would find a use for it, this i dont see any use for as you dont even get any benifit or learn from it.

Reaction score
That’s just not very fun or enjoyable. Ive never saw a porch pirate compilation video and thought “Damn, imagine if I could do this on perp” ngl.

I want crime here to be something you’d see on a movie, Not a Facebook neighbourhood watch group chat.

And you want this to auto warrant? I can jailbreak someone from prison and avoid a warrant with an Item made from a beer bottle and 2 fuel cans, why should I get warranted for nicking someone’s mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.