Use of force whilst Secret Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post:
Main Idea: Give SS another medium of force.

Full description of the idea: introduce a medium such as a taser or a baton in order to subdue suspects without lethal force or punching if they are not complying.

Why should it be added?:

Currently, secret service agents are limited to utilising either fists or firearms in order to subdue a potential threat into detainment. This poses multiple issues:
  • Considering that PD ranks carry over to SS, it would be a misuse of force for me to go around gun pointing everyone who touches the mayor or mildly threatens him (if they then simply refuse to comply to detainment). This would be a breach of policy, most of the time, for whitelisted PD members.
  • Alongside this, utilising fists to subdue someone is easy and effective if you have 5/5 strength, max unarmed combat etcetera, but it is simply not feasible to look like you're attempting to seriously RP when you punch people all the time.

Pros:
Allows SS to perform their duties more effectively whilst also maintaining order under the PLPD's policies.
Less seeming "mingery" from SS rather punching people than shooting them.
Overall better roleplay experience as SS
Might aid in increasing the severity of this government job.

Cons:
It is near guaranteed that this will be misused to some extent
Extra stress imposed on internal affairs

*Other additions: n/a

Google Chrome

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Full description of the idea: introduce a medium such as a taser or a baton in order to subdue suspects without lethal force or punching if they are not complying.

And my reply was to this part

Reaction score
If you had to deal with the amount of complaints on normal officers due to the misuse of the taser you would remove it from them too, trust me.

Reaction score
To be fair, I agree with you but think that providing SS with the ASP baton should be enough. It is realistic for them to carry such a device as it is easily concealable and can therefore also be worn by plainclothed SS-Agents. When encountering multiple offenders and/or a single offender that does not use a deadly weapon that baton can prove useful. A taser is, in my opinion, however not really needed.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Taser would be better imo for fist fights ect. Looks better than a baton

Reaction score
I would disagree. While in real-life I would agree with you, I think that in PERP a baton is much more useful. Especially when dealing with multiple individuals. Now that we have the "push back" function, you can easily control crowds that gather around the mayor, that is not possible with a taser. I also see some SS abusing the taser, just tasing anybody that gets too close to the mayor.

Reaction score
The main focus with the SS should always be the Reichssicherheitshauptamt with a competent leader, I'd propose a small structure including the Inland-Sicherheitsdienst, Geheime Staatspolizei and a small administrative AMT over some petty taser.

Status
Not open for further replies.