Reaction score
Topic: Headlights

Short explanation (in notes):
- Holding F would turn long ranged headlights on
- Pressing F for a short moment would turn short range headlights on
- Can toggle range of headlights while they are on by holding F for 1 second
- Tapping F would turn headlights off

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Why not? Cars IRL have this feature so why shouldn't the cars IG have it too? After all its a realistic and serious roleplay server

Optional additions:
-
-
-

Last edited:
Reaction score
+support I think this would "Adds realism"

On a serious note I think this would be a great addition considering current headlights may aswell be fog lights

Last edited:
Reaction score
The headlights that you're talking about come built in with VC-MOD. I'm pretty sure that the server has VC-MOD. Could a coder respond to this so that I can find out. Anyway a bunch of servers that have headlights, passenger seats, emergency lights and car damage use VC-MOD. I'm pretty sure without VC-MOD we wouldn't even be able to get into passenger seats. VC-MOD has 4 set of lights. Normal headlight is just F, Foglight is hold F, Left Indicator is ALT + Left Click and Right Indicator is ALT + Right Click. But staff can modify what keys we use for the lights such as we use Left Click and Right Click for Indicators instead of ALT + Mouse Clicks.
For Now ~Neutral

Reaction score
The headlights that you're talking about come built in with VC-MOD. I'm pretty sure that the server has VC-MOD. Could a coder respond to this so that I can find out. Anyway a bunch of servers that have headlights, passenger seats, emergency lights and car damage use VC-MOD. I'm pretty sure without VC-MOD we wouldn't even be able to get into passenger seats. VC-MOD has 4 set of lights. Normal headlight is just F, Foglight is hold F, Left Indicator is ALT + Left Click and Right Indicator is ALT + Right Click. But staff can modify what keys we use for the lights such as we use Left Click and Right Click for Indicators instead of ALT + Mouse Clicks.
For Now ~Neutral
I died on the inside while reading this... No we do not use VC Mod, we don't even use VC Mod in part. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we actually had ours before VC Mod was even released. Not talking about when I improved the look of ours (even though I did that purely myself) but the original look. As for seats that's ours too, not the hardest work but annoying always setting each one up. And one thing we have that I'm fairly certain VC Mod doesn't have, dashboard lights when you turn on/off your headlights. So suck on that whoever it is that made VC Mod.

Anyways for this suggestion, just because something may be true in real life doesn't necessarily mean we should add it. As its just a rewording of the "it adds realism" argument. If you can tell me how fog lights or other would benefit the server in concrete ways I'll listen, but for now I hardly see the benefit to spending the time to set this up for each car. That is all.

Reaction score
Here's the problem I see, first off the distance shown on Paralake (v2) may seem long, but it's a well done illusion, so even with brighter headlights it wouldn't change what you can see very much. Additionally Source does not do ambient dynamic lighting too well (if you could say at all) so unlike headlights in real life the light emitted only goes straight ahead, not bouncing off a surface to light up something not directly in line with the headlight beam. So the headlights really are about as bright as I can do, it's just that there are limitations of the game engine that aren't suited to that need.

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.