Brighter Car Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Car Headlights

Short explanation (in notes):
-Make the range on them higher

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
When you drive when its in the middle of the night and its pitch black, you cannot see anything with or without headlights, You can only see the ground just infront of your car is a little brigher and it should be changed so the light go further and they are brighter so you can actually see 2 metres infront of you

Optional additions:
-Make headlights Brighter (Right infront of the car is alot brighter than it is now is what i mean)

Its not really needed but it would be nice to have it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am for making the "range" of the headlights go further, however I do not deem necessary making them "brighter", directly on the car. I don't know if you understand what I mean, but I will however
+/-Support

Reaction score
Here's the problem I see, first off the distance shown on Paralake (v2) may seem long, but it's a well done illusion, so even with brighter headlights it wouldn't change what you can see very much. Additionally Source does not do ambient dynamic lighting too well (if you could say at all) so unlike headlights in real life the light emitted only goes straight ahead, not bouncing off a surface to light up something not directly in line with the headlight beam. So the headlights really are about as bright as I can do, it's just that there are limitations of the game engine that aren't suited to that need.

Reaction score
  • Here's the problem I see, first off the distance shown on Paralake (v2) may seem long, but it's a well done illusion, so even with brighter headlights it wouldn't change what you can see very much. Additionally Source does not do ambient dynamic lighting too well (if you could say at all) so unlike headlights in real life the light emitted only goes straight ahead, not bouncing off a surface to light up something not directly in line with the headlight beam. So the headlights really are about as bright as I can do, it's just that there are limitations of the game engine that aren't suited to that need.

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.