Server Suggestion Vehicle interaction improvements

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Vehicle interaction improvements
Suggestion Description: -Reduce fix timer to 3 minutes after vehicle wreck
-Allow cars to be washed with the engine on
-Remove/reduce wrench use timer when no roadcrew is on.

Why should this be added?:
- QOL

What negatives could this have?:
- Might allow people to fix cars faster during shootouts, but this is prevented when a car is wrecked and a timer is issued anyway

Reaction score
I'd also say something very weird is how fixing cars takes like 5-10 wrenches when instead you can maybe add like a "Repair Kit" item which has a loading bar like everything else? I mean why do we have to sit there spamming left click for some digital cooldown to runout. It's just easier to make it one item.

Reaction score
I'd also say something very weird is how fixing cars takes like 5-10 wrenches when instead you can maybe add like a "Repair Kit" item which has a loading bar like everything else? I mean why do we have to sit there spamming left click for some digital cooldown to runout. It's just easier to make it one item.
Repair kits do exist, although they are rare items that only some players own. I think wrenches work fine as I don't want to be frozen for 20 seconds while my car fixes itself.

Also, the point of this suggestion is to not make roadcrew workers obsolete. All these cooldowns were added in the first place to give roadcrew workers more to do.

Reaction score
Repair kits do exist, although they are rare items that only some players own. I think wrenches work fine as I don't want to be frozen for 20 seconds while my car fixes itself.

Also, the point of this suggestion is to not make roadcrew workers obsolete. All these cooldowns were added in the first place to give roadcrew workers more to do.
The cooldowns remain the same as if you were to use wrenches but instead of spamming left click you wait the same time as one loading bar. You would still be standing still waiting for "your car to repair itself," if wrenches were used instead.

This lessens lag by reducing entity count since less people will utilize 20 wrenches to repair a car while instead using 1 repair kit which is better for less lag. It doesn't hurt roadcrew or make them any less useful since the cooldowns are still the same considering loading bar time paired with cooldown after breaking down.

Reaction score
I think this would be a good addition as currently waiting 5 minutes when you have incompetent roadcrew is too long it feels like half an hour.

Reaction score
The cooldowns remain the same as if you were to use wrenches but instead of spamming left click you wait the same time as one loading bar. You would still be standing still waiting for "your car to repair itself," if wrenches were used instead.

This lessens lag by reducing entity count since less people will utilize 20 wrenches to repair a car while instead using 1 repair kit which is better for less lag. It doesn't hurt roadcrew or make them any less useful since the cooldowns are still the same considering loading bar time paired with cooldown after breaking down.
The lag part is wrong and should not be part of your argument

Reaction score
This lessens lag by reducing entity count since less people will utilize 20 wrenches to repair a car while instead using 1 repair kit which is better for less lag.
It have nothing to do with lag, and you use less wrenches the higher rrpair level you are. I've never used more than two wrenches at max lvl.

Reaction score
The lag part is wrong and should not be part of your argument
Fair enough, I’m curious about how you think of this idea?
It have nothing to do with lag, and you use less wrenches the higher rrpair level you are. I've never used more than two wrenches at max lvl.
Logically yes if you’re maxed on repair that’s reasonable. The problem I’m trying to tackle is most people aren’t and shouldn’t have to be to not deal with all the issues listed. All this would mean I’m regards to repairing is your repair kit repairs your car by left clicking once and loading a time it would take for two wrenches (5-10 seconds considering would-be cooldowns).

Last edited: