Server Suggestion Veikko’s Expansion

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Veikko’s Expansion
Suggestion Description: .
TL : DR
Upgrading your cars should be made more in-depth. With certain parts being upgradable in their unique right.

If you don’t care about the grading system, don’t read the below. The suggestion is about using that system as a foundation to allow players to bump up their car in unique ways from their stock state into what they specifically want to tune it to be upgraded to. Furthermore, to add a unique overview tool for Roadcrew and highly skilled repairmen.

This measures the car STOCK not with any upgrades.
|
Speed =
30 mPH is D or 1
31-49 is D+ 1.5
50 mPH is C or 2/5 |
51-79 mPH is C+ or 2.5
80 mPH is B or 3
81-99mPH is B+ or 3.5
100 mPH is A or 4
101-129 mPH is A+ or 4.5
130+ mPH is S or 5.
Handling =
1/3 - Subjective deduction but relatively easy to say that if it handles like a Furai it's bad...
2/3 - Can drift and round corners most of the time just fine.
3/3 - Like an Audi R8 or R34 on a good day.
Storage =
1/3 - 1 is less than 10kg and or can't carry at least 3 slots
2/3 - 2 is 3 slots and over 10kg
3/3 - 3 is 50 kg+ and 3+ slots.
Durability =
1/3 - 1 is your car disabled using one beretta m9 magazine
2/3 - 2 it can handle about half a magazine from an AK
3/3 - 3 It can handle a full magazine or more
|
I'll use my old cars as an example:

Nissan R34 Skyline

Handling: Great 3/3
Speed: 3.5/5 Good
Storage: 2/3 Good
Durability: 2/3 Good
Score: 10.5/14
Car Class: A+

Mini Cooper

Speed: 1/5 Good
Storage: 1/3 Good
Durability: 1/3 Good
Score: 6/14
Car Class: D

Dodge Charger SRT-8
Handling: Good 2/3
Speed: C+ 2.5/5
Storage: 3/3 Good
Score: 9.5/14
Car Class: B+
|
D Tier: 6 or Below
D+ Tier: 6.5

C Tier: 7
C+ Tier: 7.5-8

B Tier: 8.5
B+ Tier: 9-9.5

A Tier: 10
A+ Tier: 10.5-11

S Tier: 11.5
S+ Tier: 12-14

In addition a simple overview for Roadcrew to repair these parts individually when they’re broken would be nice add on. Reparation is still left clicking with a wrench but you can actively see each part and how damaged it is after each repair hit.

To see the same overview off duty, players must go to Veikko to specifically have a diagnosis except if they’re a certain Repair skill level.

Why should this be added?:
- a LOT more personalization for each car being way more unique.
- tons of more roleplay around being a mechanic
- lot more vanity to spend your money on, tuning up crappy cars and sinking millions into making them proper racing / rally cars.
- Leads to hilarious situations where you find someone tuned a seemingly crap looking car into being considerably better and higher Class so chases are more interesting.

What negatives could this have?:
- Will probably come out in V7 because it’s a big idea that will probably take a lot of time and effort.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: N/A

Suggestion Title: Veikko’s Expansion
Suggestion Description: .
TL : DR
Upgrading your cars should be made more in-depth. With certain parts being upgradable in their unique right.

If you don’t care about the grading system, don’t read the below. The suggestion is about using that system as a foundation to allow players to bump up their car in unique ways from their stock state into what they specifically want to tune it to be upgraded to. Furthermore, to add a unique overview tool for Roadcrew and highly skilled repairmen.

This measures the car STOCK not with any upgrades.
|
Speed =
30 mPH is D or 1
31-49 is D+ 1.5
50 mPH is C or 2/5 |
51-79 mPH is C+ or 2.5
80 mPH is B or 3
81-99mPH is B+ or 3.5
100 mPH is A or 4
101-129 mPH is A+ or 4.5
130+ mPH is S or 5.
Handling =
1/3 - Subjective deduction but relatively easy to say that if it handles like a Furai it's bad...
2/3 - Can drift and round corners most of the time just fine.
3/3 - Like an Audi R8 or R34 on a good day.
Storage =
1/3 - 1 is less than 10kg and or can't carry at least 3 slots
2/3 - 2 is 3 slots and over 10kg
3/3 - 3 is 50 kg+ and 3+ slots.
Durability =
1/3 - 1 is your car disabled using one beretta m9 magazine
2/3 - 2 it can handle about half a magazine from an AK
3/3 - 3 It can handle a full magazine or more
|
I'll use my old cars as an example:

Nissan R34 Skyline

Speed: 3.5/5 Good
Storage: 2/3 Good
Score: 10.5/14
Car Class: A+

Mini Cooper

Speed: 1/5 Good
Storage: 1/3 Good
Durability: 1/3 Good
Score: 6/14
Car Class: D

Dodge Charger SRT-8
Handling: Good 2/3
Speed: C+ 2.5/5
Storage: 3/3 Good
Score: 9.5/14
Car Class: B+
|
D Tier: 6 or Below
D+ Tier: 6.5
C Tier: 7
C+ Tier: 7.5-8
B Tier: 8.5
B+ Tier: 9-9.5
A Tier: 10
A+ Tier: 10.5-11
S Tier: 11.5
S+ Tier: 12-14

In addition a simple overview for Roadcrew to repair these parts individually when they’re broken would be nice add on. Reparation is still left clicking with a wrench but you can actively see each part and how damaged it is after each repair hit.

To see the same overview off duty, players must go to Veikko to specifically have a diagnosis except if they’re a certain Repair skill level.

Why should this be added?:
- a LOT more personalization for each car being way more unique.
- tons of more roleplay around being a mechanic
- lot more vanity to spend your money on, tuning up crappy cars and sinking millions into making them proper racing / rally cars.
- Leads to hilarious situations where you find someone tuned a seemingly crap looking car into being considerably better and higher Class so chases are more interesting.

What negatives could this have?:
- Will probably come out in V7 because it’s a big idea that will probably take a lot of time and effort.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: N/A
This would be awesome

To my understanding, editing how the vehicles drive is a very long and tedious process that is just not worth the time from the devs. Additionally, I dislike the durability upgrades. Your R34 is not a tank that will ever be able to take a mag full of shots it isn't realistic.

Additionally I dislike the durability upgrades, your R34 is not a tank that will ever be able to take a mag full of shots it isn't realistic.
Fair point about the durability.

Armoring a civilian car to tank 1 full mag shouldn’t come without serious drawbacks and I think that that alone if even allowed should make it such that the cars handling and speed at least are heavily impacted.

Alternatively, consider the idea while excluding the durability upgrade. What if the idea was added without durability upgrading?

Fair point about the durability.

Armoring a civilian car to tank 1 full mag shouldn’t come without serious drawbacks and I think that that alone if even allowed should make it such that the cars handling and speed at least are heavily impacted.

Alternatively, consider the idea while excluding the durability upgrade. What if the idea was added without durability upgrading?
If upgrading vehicle durability was a thing, there will have to be a visual difference on the vehicle depending on the level, such as armour plates making it look like a car from GTA - my point is it'll look stupid in gmod and likely is not possible to do with the models from TDM cars. Also not an addition needed for Perp imo.

My point still stands with editing the vehicles driving behaviour, not a task worth taking upon.

Upgrading vehicle storage is not realistic. The way the current system is designed is well balanced and fair, if you want to transport lots of guns or items, take a van. Having a super/hyper car with the trunk space of being able to store multiple guns is not realistic and makes raiding less balanced as the getaway is much easier having all the guns stored in one fast car.

If upgrading vehicle durability was a thing, there will have to be a visual difference on the vehicle depending on the level, such as armour plates making it look like a car from GTA - my point is it'll look stupid in gmod and likely is not possible to do with the models from TDM cars. Also not an addition needed for Perp imo.
Again, That's a fair point but at the same time the stock grading explanation is regarding grading and only that. The TL-DR explains the main aim which does not necessitate including Durability upgrading; and especially not to the caliber of level 3 on all cars because like I said; Your point about that being overpowered is valid.
My point still stands with editing the vehicles driving behaviour, not a task worth taking upon.

Upgrading vehicle storage is not realistic. The way the current system is designed is well balanced and fair, if you want to transport lots of guns or items, take a van. Having a super/hyper car with the trunk space of being able to store multiple guns is not realistic and makes raiding less balanced as the getaway is much easier having all the guns stored in one fast car.
So this is partially true.

Four reasons I don't totally agree is:

People want to drive their Mitsubishi Evo Xs and R34's and so on with upgraded handling / speed to match S class cars like the Audi R8 or whatever but without having to deal with the hard-coded limitation.

Others want to make their boat-handling hyper cars like the Lamborghinis and Ferraris not suck ass in face of the meta cars like the Audi R8 which is statistically the best at handling as it was hard-coded or the Mclaren Mercedes SLR which has the best acceleration.

A more niche 3rd reason but still a good reason is the racing scene is hurting. People are beat by classic meta hyper cars left and right but no one has a reason to tune up a aesthetic car and race with it so already not many people wanna race. People just power grow> buy hyper car> use it forever cause it's meta.

If things are more dynamic than less-fortunate and newer players can be motivated to work on tuning up their personal car and have just another reason to grind up their money for the ultimate goal of attaining an aesthetically pleasing car that's still drives fast and handles really well.

That said, Similar to the Durability talk. Storage is the only other controversial one. There would be strong limitations depending on the car type and car but it shouldn't be completely locked out but instead implemented with certain drawbacks to balance things out. However, I am no developer, so If this any developer is interested to begin with and deems these two unnecessary or unwanted then of course they should be taken out of the final draft while keeping the more sensical part which is Speed and Handling.

I think the server would greatly benefit from car customization updates. Im not sure what monolith has but their cars have cool options like having an underglow