Very Original Gun Ownership Thread

Reaction score
Hey whats up guys generic twat here with yet another original thread that hasnt been posted before. I wanna hear your opinion on gun ownership: should guns be completely banned, limited to small arms such as handguns, hunting rifles and shotguns or should there be barely any regulation when it comes to gun ownership?

Personally I think handguns (up to. 45 caliber) and weaker shotguns should be legal while all other firearms shouldnt.

IMO the USA is treating its gun problem by playing by the problem's rules (introducing bradleys, MRAPs etc) instead of nipping the problem in the bud by reforming the 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment was introduced in the 18th century to make sure that the american people could rise up and form a militia against a hostile/tyranical opposing force. Nowadays I think its outdated by a longshot since the USA has the most advanced army in the world, making any threat of invasion miniscule. Not to mention that you dont need an MG nest or 82mm mortar firing white phosphorus to fight off a mugger or home invader.

But thats enough of my opinion, let me hear yours!

Reaction score
Introducing armoires vehicles isn’t the response for the issue. Nor is it directed towards gun control. Vehicles like that are almost exclusively deployed for terrorist attacks. Now because I am a fan of a modern police force, it doesn’t mean I agree with US gun control policies. As it stands currently, me an 18 year old LEGALLY in the state of Maine or Mew Hampshire (a bunch of others) can purchase a handgun of any caliber as long as it isn’t from a licensed dealer (meaning I can only buy em off eBay or something not from the store) I would have to go through 0 back ground checks from the private seller, and could potentially have firearm within a few hours. I don’t need to explain why this is unacceptable. While I do believe stricter gun control is required, I do not believe that the government should limit the type of firearms people can purchase for a few reasons. 1.) Guns are cool, there is a sporting world that revolves around different types, and it is fun to have a day on the range with your friends and family. 2.) If people want long guns, they will get long guns. 3.) with stricter regulations, and making the process of getting a firearm more difficult, it will result in less people owning guns, taking firearms away from individuals who shouldn’t own them. This is extremely possible, and has even been somewhat implemented in some states across the country. Most notably Massachusetts, it is a pain in the ass to own or purchase a firearm there.

Deleted member 4983

The 2nd amendment was introduced in the 18th century to make sure that the american people could rise up and form a militia against a hostile/tyranical opposing force. Nowadays I think its outdated by a longshot since the USA has the most advanced army in the world, making any threat of invasion miniscule.
The 2nd amendment is primarily to protect yourself against your own government not a foreign one.

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation….

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.—That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness… it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Deleted member 4983

it's a deterrent, guerilla warfare can do a lot of damage.

Reaction score
That is the preamble of the constitution. The 2nd amendment in essence is the right to form a militia (to protect the state, and could be argued to overthrow the government) the right to abolish unjust government isn’t actually an amendment though that was written in the original constitution!
The bill of rights are the 10 ammendments that follow

Reaction score
While yes some incidents like this occur, as would happen in any country that legalized the widespread sale of firearms. Stricter regulations can be put in place to limit these incidents without banning guns

Deleted member 4983

I know, it's the logic behind the second amendment I'm posting.
It's built on Lockean natural rights.

Reaction score
Personally I think handguns (up to. 45 caliber) and weaker shotguns should be legal while all other firearms shouldnt.

Why gatekeep calibers? The average madman could probably kill and injure more people with a 9mm glock than they could a .50 AE Desert eagle or a .500 magnum.

Reaction score
Why gatekeep calibers? The average madman could probably kill and injure more people with a 9mm glock than they could a .50 AE Desert eagle or a .500 magnum.
@BigBenji
Thank you for pointing out this flaw in my thinking. After reading your post I have decided that all weapons should be banned. We simply can not allow people to walk around with smaller caliber guns when they can do more harm with them than they potentially could with higher caliber weapons. However, I feel society needs to be inclusive towards the 'Crazed Madman with Gun' fandom so I was willing to make an exception for only 1 weapon shown below:
Screenshot_20200514_105711.jpg

Reaction score
Pretty sure I won one of those in a coin dozer in Clacton once.